Blank media for a Lite-on SHW-160P6S

Hey. I recently bought a new PC with a Lite-on SHW 160P6S DVD+/-RW burner in it and I was wondering what the best blank DVD media would be for DVD backups? Any help you can give would be great.

Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim seem to be the best of the bunch, I just got myself 100 TY and am very impressed so far, they are a bit more pricey but I think you get what you pay for.

Thanks for your help

Fyi you will mostly run into 16x verbatim which should pretty much all be mcc media, but if you run into any 4x or 8x, you might want to be sure it is mcc. If nothing else, use dvd identifier after you get it to check what you got.

Yo-

Getting really good burns with the Verbatim 16x +R MCC04’s on my LiteOn 160P6s with PSOA firmware upgrade - and also very good burns with my Taiyo Yuden 8x +R T02’s -eh!

I agree with all of the above for important backups :iagree:

Just to stick a spanner in the works, though…my Liteys seem to like CMC media also, which I tend to use for “everyday use” (i.e. stuff that I can replace easily).

Currently, HP branded CMC E01s seem to be doing nicely. Of course, nothing but TY and MCC for my important stuff, though :slight_smile:

Taiyo Yuden all the over all best. I have burned over 300 Taiyo Yuden discs and none of them have failed. Not a coaster at all

:iagree: Verbs & ty’s till I die. :flower:

I have a 165 and I use Verbatim 16x DVD-R and they work spiffy!