Blank Media Control

vbimport

After reading many posts on this site and others I have come to the conclusion that this market desperately needs some form of regulation far above that which exists today…

All we have to go on is a posters say-so, which is meant with the best of intentions and as we all know “word of mouth” is the best publicity but there is still a lot of contradictory evidence…

After looking at these postings for some time now it is still a gamble with even the so called big names you can find posters who have had bad experiences…

A need for the blank media industry to have some form of regulation as to the quality of the media which is marked on the packaging, this to include longevity, quality of burn ID on the packaging because at the moment you have to buy before you know…

I have been to several shops recently and made some phone call enquiries to others as to the ID for some Verbatim disks, as they have one best reputations but even they seem to make some rubbish (all you have to go on is the country of manufacture) to be told we don`t know and we just get what Verbatim send us. I did not buy…

I suspect as all business`s has said over the years as to giving the paying public accurate and more information about their produce, they will come up with a list of excuses why this cannot be done ie: this is impossible as all the different burners will produce different results and different factories will produce diffrent quality with the same dye (Quality Control), well perhaps the Burner manufacturers need to work in conjunction with the Media manufacturers…

From looking at various information sites I believe the public need to be given much more subjective information before they purchase and to now bring what was once percieved as a fringe nerdy/geeky subject into the mainstream as more and more of the public are attempting to make a quality recording with a life span of more than a few weeks and do not want to have to troll through countless web sites to be left in a worse state of confusion than when they started…

I`m sure there is much more which can be said on the subject of control and like with other products in the past a large public campaign is needed to bring this industry into the 21st Century interms of its dealing with the paying public…

Many Thanks for reading this post…

I’m afraid that your quest for control of guaranteed quality and the market’s demand for the cheapest prices possible are mutually exclusive, and you’ll never get the kind of guarantee you want unless you go for mucher higher priced professional or semi-professional media.

As an example, if you’re willing to pay for Verbatim MediDisc, Verbatim Archival Grade, Verbatim HardCoat Protection, and some competing high-price media from other brands, you’ll always know what you get.

But such media costs 3-5 times as much as regular Verbatim media, perhaps even more.

The kind of guarantee you want will never (again) be available for regular inexpensive CD or DVD media.

By the way: Even normal Verbies still come with Lifetime Warranty, and so does Imation media.
If you encounter problems, it should be used simple to make it known that problems exist :smiley:

You can still have the information for the cheap product and then make a decision based on that…

For one, Why can`t the ID be put on the packaging?

[QUOTE=economy;2031817]
For one, Why can`t the ID be put on the packaging?[/QUOTE]

This is something I’m sure we all would love :)…but in some countries, it’s not even mandatory to put the COO (Country of Origin) on media packaging (cough here in the UK cough), let alone the MID :frowning:

Someone should ask those zillions of chinese peepz about that. :smiley: