Blank DVD's

vbimport

Hiya i’ve got a blank kompact DVD-R, i would like to know whether it’s a cheap fake quality disk or a decent quality disk?. I’ve checked the disk information using ImgBurn and the result’s are below:

TSSTcorp DVD±RW TS-L632D DE04 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD-R

Disc Information:
State of Last Session: Empty
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 2,298,496
Free Space: 4,707,319,808 bytes
Free Time: 510:48:46 (MM:SS:FF)
Next Writable Address: 0
MID: TYG02
Supported Read Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x
Current Read Speed: 3.2x - 8x

Pre-recorded Information:
Manufacturer ID: TYG02

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Book Type: DVD-R
Part Version: 5
Disc Size: 120 mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 0
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

I’ve also added a attachment of the picture of the blank disk.

Hello Danny200987, welcome to the forum. :flower:
It is highly likely a fake TY medium - to be 100% sure I would need a picture of the serial & stamper numbers (the numbers near the central hole and in the recording layer).

I can’t get a good picture of it as it’s hard to see but the only one i can see is MOGXPR-842 and that’s on the bottom side of the disk.

It’s a low quality DVDR (most likely made in China) with fake TY MID code and questionable longevity.
By the way, where did you get them?

I got them from my local pound store, i used to use verbatin but seen these in the local pound store and thought i would give them a try. I only started doubting the quality of the disk when i burned some data to one of disk and when i turned the disk over i noticed a little triangle shape around the middle circle as you can see in attachment.

Now am thinking of buying some verbatin storage disk again, which leads to my next question.

Will i be able to use the data that’s already burned onto these cheap quality disk and make a copy to the verbatin disk? Well aslong as the data is still working fine on the cheap quality disk?

[QUOTE=Danny200987;2782065]Will i be able to use the data that’s already burned onto these cheap quality disk and make a copy to the verbatin disk? Well aslong as the data is still working fine on the cheap quality disk?[/QUOTE]
:iagree: You should be able to copy the data from the disc if there are no unrecoverable errors.