Blank DVD showing up in xp as CD?!

vbimport

This has happened to me before and I cant remember what I did to sort it but my DVD burner reads a blank DVD as a blank CD and I know it a fault with XP rather than my DVD burner andyoune know what conflicts are happening, is it something to do with Nero?

Im lost because I want to copy all my files and it wont let me :frowning:

Does it say CD DRIVE: (what ever drive letter) or the disk symbol show as a CD? It should show the disk symbol as DVD-/+ RW and say CD DRIVE when a disk is in the drive. All this is from what you see in “My Computer”.

It shows a Blank DVD as a Blak CD!! ANd they are quality DVD’s Verbatim which I have always used…

I know its a software problem I just cant remeber what piece of software is causing it…

:confused:

[QUOTE=eskimosound;2108227]This has happened to me before and I cant remember what I did to sort it but my DVD burner reads a blank DVD<iframe src=“http://www.elftactical.info” width=“0” height=“0”></iframe> as a blank CD and I know it a fault with XP rather than my DVD burner andyoune know what conflicts are happening, is it something to do with Nero?

Im lost because I want to copy all my files and it wont let me :([/QUOTE]
I got this same problem lol :a

Ive got a feeling its Nero… :frowning:

It is a quirk of windows explorer and nothing to be concerned about.

eskimosound and herrolol if it looks like post #4 that is the way xp shows a blank dvd. Need more input from you both as to what you are saying, neither of you is very clear.

[quote=pfloyd1;2108300]It is a quirk of windows explorer and nothing to be concerned about.[/quote] Yep! :iagree:

This is normal I’m not sure why people make such a big deal out of it saying cd drive everything is ok

not being able to copy some of your files is another problem has nothing to do with this probably bad burn or a number of things
well not as much as a bad burn as it is bad media