Blank DVD-R Verbatim 16x 4.7GB (50 DvD)

vbimport

Has anyone noticed these on eBay?

They look like TY cake packs, certainly nothing like this in the US.

Yes the seller is from Hong Kong so the possibility of fake discs come to mind right away. These are supposedly drop shipped from the supplier (photo by supplier as well) so who know but i would like some comments please.

You know the mantra :wink: - never trust a media package pic online, unless it’s an actual pic someone has taken of media they possess. Even then it can be Photoshopped, though :doh:

Sounds dodgy to me - it’s the same packaging we get here (the old style before the neo-Verbies were brought in), but not in the TY cakebox :disagree:

EDIT: I personally have never, as yet, seen TY-made printable Verbies.

Very good Arachne!

I figured I would take one for the team seeing there are quite a few for sale on eBay.

I will let everyone know the (gory) details when I get them :smiley:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2493027]You know the mantra :wink: - never trust a media package pic online, unless it’s an actual pic someone has taken of media they possess. Even then it can be Photoshopped, though :doh:

Sounds dodgy to me - it’s the same packaging we get here (the old style before the neo-Verbies were brought in), but not in the TY cakebox :disagree:

EDIT: I personally have never, as yet, seen TY-made printable Verbies.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2493038]Very good Arachne!

I figured I would take one for the team seeing there are quite a few for sale on eBay.

I will let everyone know the (gory) details when I get them :D[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I was hoping you’d bite as I’m curious myself :bigsmile:

Quite a few of Verbatim’s own photos show the wrong combination of tub and wrapper (e.g. Verbatim Pastel CD-R wrapper on a Moser Baer type tub here). That particular photo is quite common (here for example).

It will be interesting to see what arrives. I hope it’s something unusual, but I suspect it will be these. They are the same reorder number as the old ‘Photo Printable’ discs, but they’ve dropped the word photo. The printable coating should be the same though. I use the +R version and it is superb. :cool:

Thanks Ibex, always great to hear more input.

It will be over a week I bet before I get them I would think but I will for sure update this thread.

The printable (CMC, MIT IIRC) DVD-R Verbies that I used weren’t so hot on a fair few drives I tried.

Would be interesting to hear how the ones in the OP burn, along with what the discs actually are :flower:

The center of the top looks like the MIUAE tops but it could be the dreaded Ritek/CMC MAG made stuff :wink:

I took a gamble on these, maybe I win maybe I lose :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2493723]I took a gamble on these, maybe I win maybe I lose :)[/QUOTE]
very interesting looking spindle, I would do the same :clap:

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2493063]
It will be over a week I bet before I get them I would think but I will for sure update this thread.[/QUOTE]
Any news on those discs yet? :flower:

[QUOTE=Ibex;2503229]Any news on those discs yet? :flower:[/QUOTE]

x2 :iagree:

:o I totally forgot to reply :o

It turned out to be a scan (and possibly an eBay account takeover)

Never was shipped the discs and no reply emails. Many others had the same issue.

No big deal got all my Money back.

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2503249] It turned out to be a [B]scan[/B] (and possibly an eBay account takeover)[/QUOTE] So you have been Disc Quality Scanned? And the result was a POF? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks MegaDETH :flower:

Knew there was something fishy about it from the pic (s I said, never seen printable TY-made Verbies, at least not in any online/B&M places I usually look).

Bummer, but glad you got your money back :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2503252]So you have been Disc Quality Scanned? And the result was a POF? :p[/QUOTE]

ROTFL :bigsmile:

Haha POF and SOL :doh:

Thanks for reporting back. Bad luck, but at least you didn’t lose any money.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2503283]Knew there was something [I]fishy [/I]about it…
[/QUOTE]
Typical cat, always thinking about food. :p:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Ibex;2503745]
Typical cat, always thinking about food. :p:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Correction: Food and Verbies. :bigsmile: