Blank DVD media

vbimport

Hi, Friends! :slight_smile:

Just for inform you that http://digitalFAQ.com (Blank DVD media quality guide) was updated today. :slight_smile:

Still says CMC is “terrible” (on the front page).

My drives say different for most CMC MIDs…

[QUOTE=Arachne;2027557]Still says CMC is “terrible”[/QUOTE]

Hi, Arachne! :slight_smile:

You are right, i’m sorry, but i put this only as an information… :o

Best regards :flower:

[QUOTE=Learning More;2027562]Hi, Arachne! :slight_smile:

You are right, i’m sorry, but i put this only as an information… :o

Best regards :flower:[/QUOTE]

Hello! :smiley:

Hey no worries, I always find something to disagree with, it’s in my nature :bigsmile:

I’ve noted that CMC is now rated “mediocre” (okay) overall in the newest list, with the note of “wide quality variance”. And the M01 discs I have from that manufacturer burn well on some burners but only mediocre on others (when burned at my typical 8x to 12x speed settings).

Its still misleading because they have MCC as First Class Media and its made By CMC. :confused:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2027680]Its still misleading because they have MCC as First Class Media and its made By CMC. :confused:[/QUOTE]

I though MCC was manufactured by Mitsubishi and Verbatim and CMC by CMC Magnetic.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2027683]I though MCC was manufactured by Mitsubishi and Verbatim and CMC by CMC Magnetic.[/QUOTE]

Nowadays a most of MCC media is made by CMC Magnetics, Prodisc or Moser Baer India. :doh:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2027680]Its still misleading because they have MCC as First Class Media and its made By CMC. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yes. But what I implied in my post was CMC-made media with CMC MIDs (e.g. CMC MAG.AM3; CMC MAG M01, etc.).

CMC is still terrible it says. On this forum the only bad CMC media IMO is M01. AM3 might not scan perfectly but it works well in players. Professional scans show that AM3 is not [I]that[/I] bad either.

I just noticed also that they have TDK003 and TTH02 in first class media and Optodisc and CMC MAg E01 in second class media. Should be the other way around. TDK003 and TTH02 IMO are like CMC MAG AM3 and M01 but worse.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2027761]CMC is still terrible it says. On this forum the only bad CMC media IMO is M01. AM3 might not scan perfectly but it works well in players. Professional scans show that AM3 is not [I]that[/I] bad either.

I just noticed also that they have TDK003 and TTH02 in first class media and Optodisc and CMC MAg E01 in second class media. Should be the other way around. TDK003 and TTH02 IMO are like CMC MAG AM3 and M01 but worse.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I noticed all that too (and agree), and the first part of your post is exactly what I was getting at :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2027761]
I just noticed also that they have TDK003 and TTH02 in first class media and [B]Optodisc and CMC MAg E01[/B] in second class media. Should be the other way around. TDK003 and TTH02 IMO are like CMC MAG AM3 and M01 but worse.[/QUOTE]

Exactly :iagree:

OPTODISC media is my favourite :wink: