Blank dvd disc marked by Office Depot

vbimport

Until recently I have purchased all my blank DVD’s from Office Depot for my city office needs. These disc work well on our equipment. Office Depot no longer sells these disc. Can someone tell me who manufactures these discs so I can continue my workflow? Office Depot doesn’t know/or won’t tell me who?

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

What mediacode have these discs? You can find mediacode with CD-DVD Speed, or ImgBurn or DVD Identifier (all of them are free software; cd-speed doesn’t require installation)

I’m not sure. If you mean the numbers that are backwards on the disc they are: DR5F6O-01239. Thank You

No, download DVDIdentifier and install it. Place one of the dvds in the drive and run DVDIdentifier to find out the mid code (Manufacturer ID code).

You could also use ImgBurn for this as geno pointed out. Start it and use the Discovery mode.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

As Geno suggested: download and run DVD Identifier, put one of your remaining OD discs in your drive (doesn’t matter if it’s already been burned), and let us know the MID info (or Manufacturer ID).

Hopefully then we can suggest discs of the same MID, but under different brands. :slight_smile:

EDIT: LOL! Beaten by the Birthday Boy :bigsmile:

Thanks all, The identifier says the manufacturer is Ritek Corp, and the ID is Ritekf1. What’s next?

[QUOTE=geno888;2464649]Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

What mediacode have these discs? You can find mediacode with CD-DVD Speed, or ImgBurn or DVD Identifier (all of them are free software; cd-speed doesn’t require installation)[/QUOTE]

Thanks much. It worked!!!

[QUOTE=Arachne;2464661]Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

As [B]Geno[/B] suggested: download and run DVD Identifier, put one of your remaining OD discs in your drive (doesn’t matter if it’s already been burned), and let us know the [B]MID[/B] info (or Manufacturer ID).

Hopefully then we can suggest discs of the same MID, but under different brands. :slight_smile:

EDIT: LOL! Beaten by the Birthday Boy :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Hi :slight_smile:

Ritek media are not exactly the very best, so if you can find them I suggest to get some Verbatim discs.

The main problem of Ritek media is that they deteriorate very fast in time.

I suggest to check your oldest burned discs to see if they are still readable. If you notice some difficult but the disc is still readable, I suggest also to recover all data immediately and burn again on a better quality disc.

To recover data from a disc the easiest way is again imgBurn. Select the [B]Read[/B] mode, then save an ISO file on hard disk. After burning the ISO file in [B]Write[/B] mode (wait a couple of minutes to cool up the burner and the disc), in ImgBurn select the [B]Verify[/B] mode and then check the just burned disc to see if there are errors.

Makes sense. Thanks much for all the info. I’m on to saving my library.

[QUOTE=geno888;2464684]Hi :slight_smile:

Ritek media are not exactly the very best, so if you can find them I suggest to get some Verbatim discs.

The main problem of Ritek media is that they deteriorate very fast in time.

I suggest to check your oldest burned discs to see if they are still readable. If you notice some difficult but the disc is still readable, I suggest also to recover all data immediately and burn again on a better quality disc.

To recover data from a disc the easiest way is again imgBurn. Select the [B]Read[/B] mode, then save an ISO file on hard disk. After burning the ISO file in [B]Write[/B] mode (wait a couple of minutes to cool up the burner and the disc), in ImgBurn select the [B]Verify[/B] mode and then check the just burned disc to see if there are errors.[/QUOTE]

You’re welcome :slight_smile: