Blank Discs

vbimport

I’ve only ever used DVD-R discs for backup purposes, until a few days ago that is.

I got some Datasafe Lightscribe DVD+R discs and decided to try them out.

Shortly after I’d given DVDFab Platinum the go ahead to ‘Write Data’ I got the message ‘No Media Detected.’

Does anyone know how to get round this little anomaly?

[quote=ToraScotia;2178708]I’ve only ever used DVD-R discs for backup purposes, until a few days ago that is.

I got some Datasafe Lightscribe DVD+R discs and decided to try them out.

Shortly after I’d given DVDFab Platinum the go ahead to ‘Write Data’ I got the message ‘No Media Detected.’

Does anyone know how to get round this little anomaly?[/quote]
Do you have 2 dvd dirves on computer? If you do make sure the target drive is selected. [B]Also try another disc from say the middle or the bottom of your spindle you have.[/B] The reason for that is if you have cheap blank media then the spindle you have will have some bad blanks in it.

Further to my own posting; I do have two DVD drives but the correct one is being chosen each time. I have of course tried several different blank discs from the pack I bought.

One interesting thing however, I recorded data onto one of those discs using an alternative source and then tried it on my PC with DVDFab Platinum.

The software recognised the disc without problem and I could see the playback in the review window.

I also successfully played the disc using a different media player (VLC).

However, when I try to use one of those blank DVD+R discs with a variety of software including DVDFAB Platinum, I get a message along the lines of – ‘No media detected’ or ‘The disc is not empty.’

Stick with Verbatim, TY, or Ritek. All three can be purchased on-line at a sale price w/free shipping if you look.

I use Sony dvd-r’s and they have always done real well for me. You can usually find them at Best Buy and they are a lot of times on sale for real cheap.