Blank cdr

vbimport

I suppose this question has been asked a million times over but let me ask it one more time. Can someone please tell me what is the best or at least the two or three best cd-r disks for recording high quality classical music. Also what is the best speed to record at.
Many thanks for your input, TxDavid

Look for Taiyo Yuden cds. You can find them at rima.com and supermediastore.com if you are in the US.

Burn at 16x for music.

Kerry56–Thanks for your reply. But let me ask why burn at 16x. Would not a slower burn be better, say 4x or 8x. Thanks in advance.
TxDavid

[QUOTE=TxDavid;2498119]But let me ask why burn at 16x. Would not a slower burn be better, say 4x or 8x.[/QUOTE] Burning CD-R media at slower than 16x usually produces results that are not quite as good with modern desktop burners and media - if the drive even allows such a slow burn (many don’t).

A few drives even burn slightly better at 24x than 16x, but for most combinations of drive and CD-R media, 16x will produce the best result (in terms of Jitter and C1/C2 errors).

Laptop burners are designed for slower speeds than desktop drives, and the best results on such drives might be accomplished at a slower speed such as e.g. 8x. Few here burn a lot of discs using laptop burners, however.

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: