DivX now also on Macintosh...

Submitted by: Worminc

Source: http://www.vcdguide.com

DiVX is now ported to Machintosh! All you mac users out there, will be mighty pleased now! You can grab it from FlashingYellow or MacSt. More Mirrors coming soon.. For more DiVX Information visit GDiVX Website, or VCDPark: Digital Video Portal.

More information on the Macintosh port will follow. The codec is not yet opensource, but rumour has it, it is being worked out and may follow shortly. Hopes are high now in the linux comunity that a linux port will follow shortly. Stay tuned Also, Macintosh and Linux DiVX Forums added to the Message Board section.

Also, Im considering setting up a website similar to oth.net or mp3.lycos.net and so on.. basically ftp crawlers that spider ftp sites and then let users search the databases. if i made one of those, i would be for video files .. *.avi, *.mpg, etc etc .. rather than mp3 .. however, before i start work on it, im interested to know if there is support for this kind of service? or more to the point, the legal issues involved, anyone know any thing about it? let me know, i dont feel like walking into trouble with this

No posts to display