Blade Runner coming to theaters and remastered for DVD

vbimport

A lot of people have been waiting for this. But, I don’t think anyone figured it would come to the theater again. From CNN:

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) – [I]Ridley Scott’s sci-fi classic “Blade Runner,” one of the first movies to appear on DVD in 1997, is being restored and remastered for a brief reissue in September.

The DVD, featuring the 1992 “director’s cut,” will be deleted after four months, and replaced by a 25th-anniversary “final cut,” which Warner Home Video is billing as Scott’s “definitive new version” of the film. (Warner Home Video is a unit of Time Warner, as is CNN.)

After a limited theatrical release, the newly spruced-up “Runner” will be released in a multidisc special edition DVD that also will include the original theatrical cut, the expanded international theatrical cut and the 1992 director’s cut.

Warner said specifics about the two DVD editions will be announced later.

The director’s cut first came out on DVD before optimal formatting standards had been established, said Doug Pratt, editor of the DVD-LaserDisc Newsletter[/I]

YEAAAAAAA! At last!!!

Thanks Crabby, great, great, great news…

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

The best news I have seen in a long. long time…
For some more info on this release check out this link The Digital Bits
"He say you Bladerunner"