Blade house of chthon

anyone else having trouble backing up the new blade movie using any dvd 6.1.7.4 and clone 2.9.1.2

AnyDVD 6.1.7.4 cannot handle this movie.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=7883

so far NOTHING can

New protection for Region 1, “Protect-DVD.” It was probably released on a less mainstream title first as a dry run, to insure functionality on Region 1 DVD Players.

It seems to include corruption in the IFO files, as the IFO files total some 700+ megabytes.

Hi

This is a brand new version of Protect-DVD for region 1. It has been in development for several years, and is made just to stop all known rippers, especially AnyDVD.

This is a very big deal, it’s not just like a slight modification to arccos that only requires a small update, this is technology that is designed to stop rippers in their tracks.

Don’t get me wrong, rip devs may find ways around it, but don’t expect it to happen overnight. People keep saying “Man made it, man can break it,” and while that may be true, it’s going to take a LOT of of time, hardware, and big bucks to break it. Once the devs have these discs in their hands, they will find that this is something unlike they’ve ever seen before. I wouldn’t expect an update to fix this for several months to at least a year (if at all). Believe me, protections like this don’t spend years in development with big bucks sunk into them if the devs aren’t confident that it won’t take significant time, effort, and money to break.

So far both devs and users seem to think “send in the ifos” is all it’s going to take… they will find they are sorely wrong.

@MinkcalfRendafoot

From what I observed on the German DVDs, this scheme is merely an extension of Junior73Italy’s work (which was distributed for free on Doom9). You can dial up the size of the IFOs you want, corrupt them, add or cut MBs from VOBs, corrupt the LBA numbers, make dummy VOBs and much more, all in the click of a mouse.

Far from taking years to develop, it took one man a couple of months (back in 2005, I should add).

And it took only a few days for the software houses to break it (in fact, for fun, I personally cracked Junior73’s test disk and posted an uncorrupted DVD on Doom9).

Far from the sky falling in and taking years to defeat, I believe that this particular incarnation of the scheme will be beaten quickly.

Regards

So in the end, the very copy protection they use to prevent “illegal duplications” wasn’t even their own brain child. Bought off or stolen, it seems they can’t do it on their own.

Give it time Minky (can I call you that?) and I will soon be able to back those DVDs up if I ever plan to buy them.

@linx05

So far, AFAIK, we have not seen those systems down here. Or have you observed DVDs here with that system?

Regards

@blutach

I don’t think this protection has been seen ANYWHERE outside of region 2. This is a first and as someone above me said, likely a dry run on a less mainstream title. Also, MinkcalfRendafoot’s assertion that this is anything more than a minor annoyance for Slysoft and Fengtao is completely inaccurate. This protection has already been defeated by both and this is simply a new variation. I do believe this will be a case where they’ll need to examine the original disc, which means it may take them a few days, but, in the end this will be defeated rather quickly as you said.

was able to backup blade using :smiley: dvdfab platinum 3.1.2.7

And you were able to successfully play it back? Cause someone else thought they had a way to rip it successfully, burned it, and it refused to play. If you were successful that’s great.

from another forum:

Good ol’ SmartRipper (I used v.2.40) will readily rip a “movie only” version of “Blade - House of Chthon” ;>}

I don’t think it’ll take months or a year well for anydvd crew that is. Slysoft may feel honored that they have some work to actually do now. I hope to get this title today and test it will the dozens of different apps I have. :smiley:

i decided to use an older version of dvdfab to copy the movie only and it played back fine

No need to continually repeat yourself your post was read but give respects to the section as this is an anydvd forum, thanks.

In all fairness he was replying to my question about whether his backup actually played. So his reply is my fault.

Summary for drive J: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
TSSTCORP CD/DVDW SH-S182D SB06 0615
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1946848 sectors (3802 MBytes)
Total size: 3868276 sectors (7555 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: BLADE_HOUSE_OF_CHTHON
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed ProtectDVD-Video protection!
Found & removed bogus title set!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 1 bad sector protections!

I am not sure I have seen this before.:confused:

You haven’t. You’re in region 1. Welcome to hell. Slysoft will fix it, but, not before getting this disc I think.

where can i get this download

you sure do get around
cut and pasting the same stuff every where you go