Black screen after playing 10mins of games

Hello there, I keep on getting a black screen when I’m playing cod On my PC for 10 minutes and then it just’s go black and then I have to restart my computer.

I’ve read some other post’s before I posted this and what other people telling me to do. Like take the grahpics card out and place it back in nice and smoothly etcc…

I have a GTX 570, Intel i7 970, 12 gig ram Windows 7.

I’ve cleaned my case etc and I dunno what els to do. I have a 750 vault Power supply and a good air flow. Any idea?

What temps do you have when your system is under full load?

It does sound like the video card is malfunctioning. Overheating, or bad memory chips on the card.

You’ve checked to make sure the video card fan is running properly?

The best way to isolate which component is going bad is to switch out the suspect part. But not many of us have extra video cards for testing purposes.

I have MSI after burner to speed up my fan and if I don’t it overheats so I think its a overheating problem its like 50’o when I’m not playing a game witch is stupid.

50 degrees Celcius is not bad for normal behaviour…and if your temps under load don’t exceed 90 degrees,your card still can handle them.
The 750 watts psu,which brand is it?

[QUOTE=roadworker;2657071]50 degrees Celcius is not bad for normal behaviour…and if your temps under load don’t exceed 90 degrees,your card still can handle them.
The 750 watts psu,which brand is it?[/QUOTE]

GTX could it be that i’ve got 2 monitors on the same graphics card?

[QUOTE=calvin231178;2657085]GTX[/QUOTE]

Never heard of that PSU brand,do you have any more info?

[QUOTE=calvin231178;2657085]could it be that i’ve got 2 monitors on the same graphics card?[/QUOTE]

Shouldn’t have any impact if your drivers are correctly installed.

[QUOTE=calvin231178;2657063]Hello there, I keep on getting a black screen when I’m playing cod On my PC for 10 minutes and then it just’s go black and then I have to restart my computer.

I’ve read some other post’s before I posted this and what other people telling me to do. Like take the grahpics card out and place it back in nice and smoothly etcc…

I have a GTX 570, Intel i7 970, 12 gig ram Windows 7.

I’ve cleaned my case etc and I dunno what els to do. I have a 750 vault Power supply and a good air flow. Any idea?[/QUOTE]

We need your MB Name and Model or Computer Name and Model. Does this only happen when you are playing this game or has it happened doing other things too? :cool:

Normally this is due to overheating and/or overclocking, but more info is needed for troubleshooting.

I would be more inclined to think that this is a result of your power supply. Would be curious to know the brand you have? Good power supply’s will weigh a little on the heavy side, cheap ones will be feather light.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2657217]I would be more inclined to think that this is a result of your power supply. Would be curious to know the brand you have? Good power supply’s will weigh a little on the heavy side, cheap ones will be feather light.

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

The Model is a CIC Or CIS.

[QUOTE=alchav21;2657131]We need your MB Name and Model or Computer Name and Model. Does this only happen when you are playing this game or has it happened doing other things too? :cool:[/QUOTE]

It Just’s Happens when I play a game :L

[QUOTE=calvin231178;2657361]The Model is a CIC Or CIS.[/QUOTE]

Probably a CIC…this is a generic,and not recommended PSU brand…
With such a system like you have,don’t be cheap on the power supply,it’s 1 of the most important components for a stable running computer…

Yeah, the GTX570 sucks out an big amount of power… :slight_smile:

So its the power supply? I mean its a 700 wat and I think its powerful enough. Any suggestions

[QUOTE=calvin231178;2657466]So its the power supply? I mean its a 700 wat and I think its powerful enough. Any suggestions[/QUOTE]Quality can be a factor. If the voltages start swinging under heavy loads, it can crash your system. I’ve always had good luck with Antec and Seasonic PSUs.

Have you had a look at your voltages?

Do you have that issue only with Call of Duty (btw. which one) ?
Do you have any opportunity to test the grahpics card in another system ?

Please download CPU-Z from here: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
Start it and go to the Mainboard tab:

Make a screenshot or write down Manufacturer, Model and BIOS version.

[QUOTE=calvin231178;2657466]So its the power supply? I mean its a 700 wat and I think its powerful enough. Any suggestions[/QUOTE]

Powerful enough is not the same as reliable enough…

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22833

This thread is about a CIC 750 Watts PSU…

try change with other graphic card first…

[QUOTE=calvin231178;2657085]GTX could it be that i’ve got 2 monitors on the same graphics card?[/QUOTE]

Try it with just one Monitor, disconnect the other one and see if it goes Black and Freezes. If it does, it does sound like a Graphics issue, you have to look at the Specs on that Card. This is a very good Card, and I would go to the Support Web Page and see if the Card is installed properly. Run some tests and see if you can come up with something. It calls for 550W PSU and you have more than that, but like it was brought up you have to test the consistent Voltages. :cool: