Black preview screen of death?

vbimport

I’m backing up my criterions. Everything is going fine - been using the latest combo of AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

I am trying to back up The Battle of Algiers - I’ve done disc 2 and 3, but when I try disc 1 I have a problem with CloneDVD - the preview screen is black - for all titles on the disc. I scan skip forward in the preview and at about 2/3rds of the way through scenes become visible, but if I back it up to the beginning, the preview pane is again black.

This happened with another dvd I copied - black preview screen. I read someone’s advice to use dvd decryptor and then CloneDVD - which worked. This time it doesn’t work.

I’ve let CloneDVD go through the process and it craps out with “redundancy errors - (cyclical?)”. The disc is in perfect condition though. any advice?

(I’ve also tried the dvd on 3 drives (2 different pcs) - same thing.

help!
thanks

@ hfxmike

Concerning CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) data error notifications.

Suggest viewing the below Forum posting concerning CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) data error notification. Notice the Comments in posting #6 by Olli the author of CloneDVD/CloneCD and instrumental in the development of AnyDVD.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=138522

Best Regards,
bjkg

Better advice: Disable the CSS key archive in AnyDVD.