Black lines on while printing

vbimport

i have a canon pixma ip 4500 printer which prints thin lines through the black sections of covers any ideas on how to solve this problem will be gratefully received :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=haugheychops;2489272]i have a canon pixma ip 4500 printer which prints thin lines through the black sections of covers any ideas on how to solve this problem will be gratefully received :)[/QUOTE]

First off what program are you using to do the printing? Also have you updated the software drivers and software for the printer itself? What do you mean black sections of covers??? You need to provide more specs and software version for users of that printer to know what is causing it.??

[QUOTE=haugheychops;2489272]i have a canon pixma ip 4500 printer which prints thin lines through the black sections of covers any ideas on how to solve this problem will be gratefully received :)[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Does your Canon’s software have a maintenance program - nozzle check etc?

If so, it might be worth running it if you haven’t done so already. :slight_smile:

Similar problems with my Epson printers have been sorted by doing a maintenance run.

i think a nozzle check is a waste of ink.
unless you are getting smudges
or your prints are missing colors (when you are sure there is ink).
in the properties pages for your printer you should find ‘Align The Print Heads’.
aligning the print heads is recommended every time a new ink cartridge is installed.
else, you might try removing and re-inserting the ink cartidges,
to insure they are properly seated.