Black Hawk Down

No sense whatsoever, they may have pulled the game from release, but what about the footage in the film? Surely this is more damaging to politics than playing the game!

I just watched the film for almost 2 hrs, based on a true facts Black Hawk Down is the heroic account of a group of elite U.S. Soldiers went into Mogadishu, Somalia in Oct 1993 as part of a U.N Peacekeeping operation. 1,000 Somalia’s died, compared to the U.S that lost only 19. Near the start it opened with a caption “The only persons that saw the end of the war were the Dead” and near the end it showed an old man carrying his dead child in his arms whilst the U.S military stopped their convoy allowing this man a safe passage across the road.

not good, but based on True facts :eek:

It is a sad thing when these things happen, and people like leaving out other parts of the the story very selective. You only relay and speak of parts that YOU think are important and that leaves the story untold, your loss but I have been reading what you wrote in this thread and the other that was locked I didn’t realize how unpopular America/Americans are with members of cdfreaks until I read them.

Originally posted by kamikazee
It is a sad thing when these things happen, and people like leaving out other parts of the the story very selective. You only relay and speak of parts that YOU think are important and that leaves the story untold, your loss but I have been reading what you wrote in this thread and the other that was locked I didn’t realize how unpopular America/Americans are with members of cdfreaks until I read them.

I didnt choose selective words only based on what I watched, I got most of the text from the back of the DVD box and the events that unfolded in the film.

Nope Americans are more than welcome on this site. :bow: I was sorry for what I wrote and asked one of the moderators too close and delete the thread, for it was not nice. :eek: I rewrote this one so not too cause amnesty with anyone. I stayed in the N.C in the USA lastyear, September the 10th for a month and I enjoyed it, there are a lot of friendly people out there, more so than certains parts of the UK

Actually there are some news reports I have read recently that many Somalis wish they hadn’t gotten rid of the Americans. After 10 years with no real government, some people (however uneducated they may be) realize this isn’t good.

It shows you, when you try to do the “right” thing it doesn’t always work. You make yourself a target, you make yourself a victim…And a simple situation gets wrapped around some politics and now you’ve got yourself a situation instead of “doing what’s right”. Oh well.

I think people really shouldn’t criticize a nations’ people in general unless you’ve been there. Then you can probably talk all the smack you want. I’d sure like to be saying alot of stuff about the nut-case Koreans who hold huge anti-american protests but ignore the 10X worse nut-case Koreans that want to kill them (even if they are fed by them).

The world is a messed up place, and sometimes people need to just stick to themselves…but if the USA did that, who would be the first to say they aren’t doing enough? Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Where is the USSR when you need it??? (Balance of Power)

Originally posted by BadASCII
I think people really shouldn’t criticize a nations’ people in general unless you’ve been there. Then you can probably talk all the smack you want. I’d sure like to be saying alot of stuff about the nut-case Koreans who hold huge anti-american protests but ignore the 10X worse nut-case Koreans that want to kill them.

You know, hardly anyone in these international forums are familiar with the South Korean situation and I hardly think anyone who does not really have to stay in the peninsula permanently can understand the Koreans (NK included) as I do. The expressions like “nut-case Koreans” should be used more cautiously. I am also extremely careful when talking about such issues in monitoring thousands of South Korean forums with the 25 million netizens because less than 0.1% of South Koreans really know what the US is really about as opposed to the political and military presence of the US Army in the Republic of Korea. Don’t be one-sided unless what you just want are more conflicts and misunderstanding. Very many South Korean web surfers also read these forums even though they almost never post. Privately, you can probably speak more freely and I also do. I do deeply understand why you felt so but the Koreans are simply different to more degrees you can imagine.

BTW, I think this thread also needs to be closed. I am not allowed to post political things here (to which I agreed) so I’ll not go into the details but even I am offended to see threads like this and there must be enough number of readers here who will either leave the forum or react in not-so-friendly ways. I don’t think there is anyone with bad intentions here and such people would never visit this forum in the first place. I tried to divert the attentions to other various issues several times (like DVD and Serial ATA). There are always better things to contribute and share in the web forums for everyone.

Another thing is that I also spent too much time and energy on political and ideological discussions mostly with South Koreans. I chose to do so but I hate myself for what I did. :slight_smile:

Kenshin, there are a few of us who have been on the DMZ and understand all to well, some of us were in Berlin when the wall came down. In BlackHawk Down, the main mission was to open the supply channels for all the worlds food donations to make it to who it was intended for not for one warlord to control and use as a tool to control his people, the mission was for a good cause but the intell and military support sucked. They left a very important and graphic part of the mission out so as not to offend anyone and make the American people even more angry (my belief anyway) The movie is historically factual only to a certain point.

We all have different points of view, and most are very different and we can all express those points very well, but it is in the way we express them, that make them either inflammatory, provoking, or just how we feel. We are all different and come from different places how are we to understand if everyone keeps their opinions to themselves.

[B]Kenshin, there are a few of us who have been on the DMZ and understand all to well, some of us were in Berlin when the wall came down. In BlackHawk Down, the main mission was to open the supply channels for all the worlds food donations to make it to who it was intended for not for one warlord to control and use as a tool to control his people, the mission was for a good cause but the intell and military support sucked. They left a very important and graphic part of the mission out so as not to offend anyone and make the American people even more angry (my belief anyway) The movie is historically factual only to a certain point.

We all have different points of view, and most are very different and we can all express those points very well, but it is in the way we express them, that make them either inflammatory, provoking, or just how we feel. We are all different and come from different places how are we to understand if everyone keeps their opinions to themselves. [/B]

After reviewing my thoughts on the film, it did give a very clear picture that they were after a dictator who was controlling who the food supplies should be distributed to. Its a shame the 1,000 people had too die for it. GOD bless the 1,000 and possibly more that died for the one man that denied them of their liberties and of food essential for survival. I agree without being there and experiecing it, how can we know what it felt like, that is something we can only imagine, but forever in the memories of the survivors. I can still picture that man with his lost one walking across the road and the US military stopping for him. You are right the film was misdirected. So now is the time too remove Saddam to restore peace in the middle East.

@kamikazee

who does not really have to stay in the peninsula permanently

Kenshin, there are a few of us who have been on the DMZ and understand all to well

That is why I said you do not understand so refrain from talking too much about the people who do. Don’t pretend as if you do.

And pray for the more than 300,000 that died, before intervention was attempted. Is it better to starve to death or be gased by one of your own, you decide. It is a shame that things like this happens, but what can you do, the lesser of two evils may not always be the best but you try anyways.

At Kenshin I know more than you think, you do not have to be Korean to understand and thats where I fault you for believing you do. You are not the only one and your opinion is yours shared by yourself and others but not everyone, because they don’t have same opinion as you are they wrong??

And pray for the more than 300,000 that died, before intervention was attempted. Is it better to starve to death or be gased by one of your own, you decide. It is a shame that things like this happens, but what can you do, the lesser of two evils may not always be the best but you try anyways.

At Kenshin I know more than you think, you do not have to be Korean to understand and thats where I fault you for believing you do. You are not the only one and your opinion is yours shared by yourself and others but not everyone, because they don’t have same opinion as you are they wrong??

What you have said just reflects only one side of the typical US Army’s point of view concerning South Korea and no more than that. If you do think you know and understand Koreans just as well as those who have to stay in the peninsula permanently, join the South Korean forums where I am not a moderator and enjoy discussions in the Korean language. Better give up your status of nationality and emigrate to North Korea. Whatever you think, the rules in this forum are clear so respect them.

@Kenshin

Remember what you told me about participating in threads I do not like? Hypocracy wont get you anywhere.

I think the time has come for a neutral stance with political issues for one we can make no intervention and prevent whats happening around the world, and can only hope the casualties of war are minimal.

I cannot say anymore!:frowning:

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
@Kenshin

Remember what you told me about participating in threads I do not like? Hypocracy wont get you anywhere.

That was to help you, not to criticize you, because you looked very young and much too involved over trivial things, sarcastic about almost everything on the board. I was aware of what I told you in PMs about which I was not going to talk about on open boards while writing the above posts. The issues in this thread are very real and most dangerous for some people you’d never share your fate with in your life and that is why I want some of those who post here to shut up please.

OK. I’ll stop here but this is my last warning to everyone concerned.

@ Kenshin

These issues are as real to you as the issues in previous threads were real to me. No need for a double standard. Although you say you are neutral as a moderator, you ahve posted 3 posts which only caused more trouble. I think if you want to be be neutral, practice neutrality and dont just pick instances where you want to be neutral. I am not going to post in this thread anymore because I know that my views would only antagonize more people. I think you should do the same.

Thread closed.

It’s getting personal now, and the sticky should have warned everyone.