Black Friday 2009

vbimport

Anything on Black Friday yet?

not much yet, just this. Subscribe to the newsletter and they will keep you posted.

Hello Black Friday Subscribers,

The first Black Friday advertisement has been released as Half-Priced Books provided us with their 4-item ( http://bfads.net/Half-Price-Books ), 2-page advertisement ( http://bfads.net/Adscans ).

Farm and Fleet has also released their annual 32-page Toyland Toy Sale catalog ( http://bfads.net/Link/717 ), which begins this Saturday, October 17th and runs until December 24th. While not technically a Black Friday sale, it is a popular sale for those with a Farm and Fleet near them.

Almost 40,000 people voted on this year’s BFAds shirt design and the winner, decided by less than 1000 votes, is the Sales Tag. Following in a very close second was the Shopping Cart design.

And now the golden question, how do I get one?

There are currently two ways to get a BFAds 2009 t-shirt:

1. We are once again running our November Give-Away Contest and will be giving away shirts daily (along with other great prizes) throughout the month of November. You can enter the contest here:
    http://bfads.net/Contest

2. Purchase a BFAds T-Shirt for the low price of $10 shipped (+$2 for 2XL and 3XL sizes) here: http://bfads.net/Shirts

One of the biggest requests we had last year (and in the very short time we’ve been open this year) was the option to purchase BFAds t-shirts, so this year we worked with our printer to figure out a solution. Because the vote was so close, visitors interested in purchasing shirts will be able to choose between either design (we will only be giving away the Sales Tag design shirts).

We are selling the shirts at cost and any profit made from the sale of these shirts will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer Awareness. Additionally, for the first 500 t-shirts sold, BFAds will donate an additional $1 to Breast Cancer Awareness.

There will be plenty of other options to win shirts throughout October and November, we just haven=92t finalized all the details yet. If you’ve got any good ideas, we=92d love to hear them.

We=92re halfway through October and fully expect the Black Friday advertisements to start rolling through very soon. Once we hit November it’ll be full speed ahead with advertisements coming in daily, so enjoy the calm while it lasts. :slight_smile:

Thanks for Subscribing!

Kind Regards,
Michael
webmaster@bfads.net

I will be online black friday shopping this year… scored a few things last year without having to stand in line or fight traffic…

i dont think best buy will have much to offer from storys i read online ! also walmart will handle there black friday sale instore diffrently!

I am not going out to shop this year, I am ordering everything online. Why? The idiot congress people in california has made sales tax where I live 9.75%. Yes TEN PERCENT. Screw that Amazon here I come…

[QUOTE=V10monster;2455965]I am not going out to shop this year, I am ordering everything online. Why? The idiot congress people in california has made sales tax where I live 9.75%. Yes TEN PERCENT. Screw that Amazon here I come…[/QUOTE]

Those people deserve to be thrown out of office in next year election

Why bother, there won’t be enough money for them to even have jobs by next year. :wink:

I’m looking forward to the Fred Meyers annual buy one, get one sock sale.

Thanks ricoman. I’ll check it out come the Third of November.

I’m in the same boat V10monster. The idiots last year past more taxes; Up to 9.5% over here in South Louisiana. Usually no tax with on-line purchases. They try to get people to pay on state income tax (LOL, LOL, LOL). Yea, Right! LOL!

I hope their are some great Black Friday Specials! I need some parts for new desktop and server (maybe a laptop).

[QUOTE=V10monster;2455965]I am not going out to shop this year, I am ordering everything online. Why? The idiot congress people in california has made sales tax where I live 9.75%. Yes TEN PERCENT. Screw that Amazon here I come…[/QUOTE]

heck dude it is 10% where i live…i just go on over the state line, as much as i hate to but hey gotta save what you gotta save

The deals are terrible, especially for netbooks-- which got more expensive… not less. Though the reason why is probably stores are adding on a fuel surcharge to ALL their BF prices because gas prices were cheaper (on average) during the year. This COULD backfire for the big B&M stores this BF because consumers aren’t stupid!! A whole bunch of pre-election taxes & fees went into effect across many states. In NY we now have a 5 cent deposit on water bottles. Our state DMV fees are going UP! There is also talk of raising the state sales tax which is already a whopping .0862-.0875% My local county enacted a 2.5% energy tax on fuel (heating oil, natural gas and electricity). The B&Ms will now have fewer dollars in consumer’s pockets and they will pull back to compensate. Therefore, I predict alot of ONLINE deals with FREE SHIPPING will spring into action stealing the B&M thunder. Consumers will still stick to necessities and less on descretionary spending this holiday season.
A 2-liter bottle of soda now is over a whoping $2 each after tax & deposit (excluding perpetual sales). Gas here in NY is around $2.73 - $2.95 for regular depending upon location/franchise. This is the WORST possible timing for all these hikes to make a perfect storm for retailers.

I predict there will be a glut of items hitting liquidation sales next March, 2010-- not as bad as 2005’s, but there will be some stores/chains that are at risk for going under. Sears & Kmart stand out as likely suspects.

Most of the ads have been leaked
check out the black friday 2009 forum on FatWallet
dont get your hopes up! :rolleyes:

Been 10% here in TN where I live for several years and tax on food is 9.75% the
bad thing about shopping on line for me is most of the on line stores I shop at they
already collect TN sales tax so I’m basically sca-rewed any way I go. :doh: :sad:

They tax food in TN?! In CA, sales tax is 9.75%, but there is no tax on food (unless it’s prepared).

I will add to this thread :slight_smile:

Staples Jewel cases 50 pack $4.99 Valid Nov 27- Nov 28

Staples DVD+R/DVD-R, 50/pack $4.98 Valid through Nov 27

I just posted this article on Black Friday Deals. You can read it here:

Please note that many deals are available only at Black Friday itself, so many links aren’t working as of this moment.

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2468794]I will add to this thread :slight_smile:

Staples Jewel cases 50 pack $4.99 Valid Nov 27- Nov 28

Staples DVD+R/DVD-R, 50/pack $4.98 Valid through Nov 27[/QUOTE]

The ad I’ve seen says $4.98 for a 100-pack of Staples brand CDs, but nothing about Staples brand DVDs.

Not sure is this link will work but here it is Click ME

And a screen shot:

edit: Opps you wanted the DVD, sorry here it is…

[QUOTE=negritude;2469108]The ad I’ve seen says $4.98 for a 100-pack of Staples brand CDs, but nothing about Staples brand DVDs.[/QUOTE]