Black CDR's burning problems!

Hi, i recently brought 100 x prodisc CDR’s, which have a black writing surface with a silver printable top. none of the them can be read in my cd/dvd drive! i have the sony NEC optiarc AD-7191S.

So, either i have a bad batch, or my drive is too primative (which is annoying as the CDR’s were advertised as completely universal)

and it seems a bit silly to buy a new drive just to suit these disc’s.

anyone know of a solution ?

thanks.

[QUOTE=andysea;2235276]Hi, i recently brought 100 x prodisc CDR’s, which have a black writing surface with a silver printable top. none of the them can be read in my cd/dvd drive! i have the sony NEC optiarc AD-7191S.

So, either i have a bad batch, or my drive is too primative (which is annoying as the CDR’s were advertised as completely universal)

and it seems a bit silly to buy a new drive just to suit these disc’s.

anyone know of a solution ?

thanks.[/QUOTE]

Each drive has it’s likes and dislikes of certain particular discs.

BTW, Memorex sells a very similar “black” disc, probably made
by the same REAL manufacturer… if you look close in bright light
they aren’t really “black” but deep wine red.

There may be nothing wrong with them, it’s likely that your
drive just doesn’t like them.

It’s not about “primitive” it’s just a matter of compatibility.

Some people like plain peanut butter, some like it with marshmallo fluff
and others like grape jelly or strawberry jam, and some people are allergic
to peanuts.

My old drive would read the black discs, but it refused to write to them.
So I traded them to a friend for a similar package of discs that his drive didn’t like.

AD

AD

Thanks for responding AD!

I’ve sold them on now anyway, I think I’ll just stick to good old fashioned silver CDR’s :slight_smile:

Cheers.

I’ve experienced the same problem with my NEC dvd drive, but my lite-on cd burner reads/burns them with no problems at all.

Cheers

I find for audio that the typical CD-R sold for audio use use the darker Blue-green Cyanine dye are generally easier for car audio players to read…

The pale silver CD-R data discs less so.

Every drive or player has it’s preferences.

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2242537]Every drive or player has it’s preferences.[/QUOTE]yup all 20+ of my pc drives and all 6 of my players (car and stand alone) like Tayio Yuden CD-R’s. Never had a problem with them.