Bittorent question:

I see a lot of DvDrip-aXXo movie files which I am told are actually avi’s…

that said, these movie file are quite small; 700-800 megs.
guess I can include divx files also.
My question is what kind of quality do you get or not by converting to mpeg[ in order to burn to a dvd to play on a set top player…]
I mean a standard dvd movie is in the 4 gig range so would a conversion look terrible?
I’m not to hip on all these movie exstentions for smaller display devices like phones, blackberrys, I-phones etc…

[quote=rago88;2216572]I see a lot of DvDrip-aXXo movie files which I am told are actually avi’s…

that said, these movie file are quite small; 700-800 megs.
guess I can include divx files also.
My question is what kind of quality do you get or not by converting to mpeg[ in order to burn to a dvd to play on a set top player…]
I mean a standard dvd movie is in the 4 gig range so would a conversion look terrible?
I’m not to hip on all these movie exstentions for smaller display devices like phones, blackberrys, I-phones etc…[/quote]
You really can never tell as most of those .avi are illegally uploaded copyrighted files. I would never recommend someone download or even put those files on their computer, you can never tell what they hold, that said, discussion of the quality of an unknown file is hard to do. But I do know for a fact that most are illegal from the source you mentioned, therefore, I cannot discuss it.

ok…
fair nuff…