Bitsetting tool...soon?

vbimport

Hello all happy nec 2500 owners :slight_smile:

Are there anybody whois working on a bitsetting tool or patched firmware for the NEC 2500? I like to use my DVD+R in the Xbox and my old Philips 955DVD. I also have a Yamaha S540, but this little baby even swallow discs that have bad scans without a hickup.

/Dr. D (Sorry for my crude english)

I’ve not yet heared any rumours about bitsetting for this drive, sorry…

I have talked with Herrie abou this. He said he is working on it, but this would take some time.

Originally posted by dg1qkt
I have talked with Harrie abou this. He said he is working on it, but this would take some time.

That would really make this drive wonderful. :slight_smile:

It’s the only reason, I have not bought a NEC2500 yet.
Unfortunately NEC seems to be not very interested in supporting Bitsetting for their drives. :Z

They even don’t worry about firmware updates…

As I understand it, the only reason you would need bitsetting is to be able to play +R disks in older players (or in gaming systems). With the cost of new DVD players as low as ~$30.00…Why not just purchase a more modern player, rather than trying to find a drive that supports bitsetting?

Fanta,
Are you having problems with your 2500A? Just asking because I have no issues with mine with the current firmware. I guess my philosophy is…If it ain’t broke, don’t go trying to “fix” it. Current firmware is working just fine.

Just my 2 cents.

I use to backup my xboxgames, that’s why I’m interested in bitsetting.

/Arabaldo

It all depends on your xbox dvd-drive. My xbox has no problems with either +R or -R disks, but the -R are the most compatible ones. So if you just stick to -R disks everything shoudl be fine.

Originally posted by Intomed
As I understand it, the only reason you would need bitsetting is to be able to play +R disks in older players (or in gaming systems). With the cost of new DVD players as low as ~$30.00…Why not just purchase a more modern player, rather than trying to find a drive that supports bitsetting?

Just because my current DVD player is still working fine, but it just does not accept DVD+R(W)s and I don’t want to be forced to stick to -R media

I know -r works but I have a lot of +r that I like to use.

A little off topic but what do you use to back up your XBoX dvd’s?

I have children that use the xbox, I just don’t want the originals to be ruined.

/Arabaldo

Originally posted by Intomed
[B]

Fanta,
Are you having problems with your 2500A? Just asking because I have no issues with mine with the current firmware. I guess my philosophy is…If it ain’t broke, don’t go trying to “fix” it. Current firmware is working just fine.

Just my 2 cents. [/B]

I have no problems but I have a lot of 8x speed certified disks that can be written only @ 4 speed with the NEC and @8 speed with all other 8xspeed burners… would be nice to have a firmware to correct this…

Fanta, what 8x media do you have? To my knowledge there is a lot of media out there sold as 8x but which aren’t really 8x certified. This doesn’t change the fact it’s a bit annyoing when most of the other writers out there can burn it on 8x and the 2500 can’t :< .

The 8x speed brand is SKS 8x
Media code/Manufacturer ID: RITEK R03

Don’t be fooled by what sks prints on their disks. I think the real 8x media still have to be launched.

Re: Ritek R03 8X +R only burning at 4x

Reply I received from NEC (UK) on Wednesday

This is a known issue and should be rectified in the next firmware release, however I don’t have a release date for this. It will be posted on the link below, please keep checking.

http://www.necd.de/softwareoverview2.php/id/557/lang/ENG

Fanta: “The 8x speed brand is SKS 8x
Media code/Manufacturer ID: RITEK R03”

Which other Recorders burn this disks with 8x?

I know that the pioneer-a07 for example does not either, even with the new 1.10 it writes them with 4.

Originally posted by dg1qkt
I have talked with Herrie abou this. He said he is working on it, but this would take some time.

@Herrie, can you confirm this and let us know if you have made any progress yet? :bigsmile: Thank you very much in advance!!
I will be anxiously awaiting your work.