Bitsetting SOHW-812S?

vbimport

When are we going to be able to change the bitsetting on the SOHW-812S? I keep seeing comments like ‘soon’ but they have released two updates now and it’s still not supported.

Does anyone have any info?

Soon. :rolleyes:

It has been promised so it will be coming.
I have a good feeling it will be in next one… but that’s a guess :stuck_out_tongue:

Well it looks like it’s still not there :a
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92376

Why can’t they get it working?

If you need booktype setting, for the time being you can flash your drive to the 851S firmware. You will lose 8X -R but you’ll still have 8X +R and bitsetting will work. The procedure is the same as in the 451@851 thread. You can speedhack it too, if you like.

I just burned several RICOHJPNR01 @ 8X with DVD-ROM booktype on my 812S using the 851S firmware. They play fine in my XBOX with the Samsung DVD drive.

It would be nice if we could get another confirmation that US0G does not support bitsetting…

Originally posted by dhc014
It would be nice if we could get another confirmation that US0G does not support bitsetting…

Still no bitsetting.

I have a firmware even newer than FS0G ( an OEM firmware for memorex true-x 8XI ) - should just be the name string that is different. This one is dated 2nd April 2004 and still do not have bitsetting support.

I have 812 + US0G + Platinum DVD+R 8x + Nero 6316 + BookType 1.04 and it doesn’t work :frowning:

Originally posted by OC-Freak
I have a firmware even newer than FS0G ( an OEM firmware for memorex true-x 8XI ) - should just be the name string that is different. This one is dated 2nd April 2004 and still do not have bitsetting support.

It’s on my website, thanks OC-Freak!

http://dhc014.rpc1.org/indexOEM.htm#True8XI

Originally posted by dhc014

Tested on my 812s,still no Bitsetting.

Not working here either…