Bitsetting question

Hi folks.
I just flashed my NEC-3500 with Liggy’s Beta 8 (pretty good firmware i might say),and i downloaded WinBTypeV2,now i can change the bitsetting for both SL and DL to DVD-ROM.
My question is: is there a way to tell that it will actually burn as DVD-ROM and not +R?
it will be a shame to burn just to find out that the bitsetting didn’t worked.

If you set it to DVD-ROM with WinBtype, and DVD+R will automatically bitset the disk to DVD-ROM… If you want to verify this, in NERO, one of the tools will show the disk as DVD+R (Booktype ROM) or something. The disk will still appear as a DVD+R but it is the booktype that identifies it to systems as DVD-ROM.

Can you please check in Nero where i can find that exactly,i tried them all and i can’t find it.

Leave the burned disc in drive, fire up Nero CD/DVD Speed; Menu Extra–> DiscInfo. :wink:

Or you could always use DVDINFO to check also…

Yes i know that,but my question was to know if it will burn as dvd-rom before the actual burn proccess.
Is there a way in Nero (or dvdinfopro or dvd decrypter) to see if the book type changed?

You can see it in DVD Decrypter :

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 2295104
Free Space: 4700372*992 bytes
Free Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 2,4x; 4x; 6x

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: RICOHJPN-R01-02
Book Type: DVD+R
Part Version: 1

Well, I’m sorta confused here, but take a DVD+R for example. Stick it into your 3500AG, and start burning stuff onto it. Since you changed your booktype setting for DVD+R SL’s to DVD-ROM, Nero will burn the DVD+R normally, with booktype for the disc changed to DVD-ROM.

Pop that disc into a DVD-ROM drive, and you find that it will be able to read the disc, as opposed to the discs with DVD+R booktype which cannot be read.

If you use binflash you can do this:

necflash -querybt e:

where e: = your dvd drive
If you do that with the disk in the drive it will tell you the DVD’s type - in this case +R, and also its booktype - in this case -ROM.

Thats the problem,it shows me DVD+R and not DVD-ROM after changing the booktype to DVD-ROM in dvd decrypter.

mcg:
I want to know before i actually burn :slight_smile:

ADIP info will always read the REAL booktype.

Only after burning will you get another info block (well, a real one anyway!) that’s called ‘Last Recorded’. That one SHOULD display the DVDROM booktype if that’s what you’ve told your drive to do.

i am trying to find the winbtype download file, but i can’t find it, does anyone know where i can get it

Bottom of this page

thanks, is the megastor the same thing as the 3500?

Yes. :wink:

“MegaSTOR 16X DVD±RW (MD-16XDVD9)” is OEM 3500.

Thanks,that was my question in the first place :cool: