Bitsetting, please help

Hello!

First of all, sorry for posting like this. I’m sure my questions has been answered many times before. I’ve tried searching, but its so much to browse. I simply cant locate the answers I’m looking for. So please, be so kind to help me with this.

I have a LiteOn 401s. This is now running at 811s. I have never experienced problems with my burner. Its running perfectly. Now I use firmware HSOP.
It’s been a while since I’ve visited this forums, but I remembered discussions about the problems with Xbox and DVD+R. My Xbox does not read DVD+R media. It says unknown! This is really depressing, and now I thought I should check back here to see if this has been fixed. And obviously it has, with this bitsetting. I’m exremely glad for this, and a big thank you to the people that has fixed this problem.

Now, I see theres a numerous downloads and tools to use, and Im lost. Can someone please give me a step-by-step guide on what to do?
I’d be thankful!

peace out

ya sure use the one made by liteon in the utilities section of liteons own web site

BookType.zip
v1.0.6
2004/04/30

This utility is for supporting LITE-ON IT’s DVD RW drives to change the BookType / BitSetting for DVD media (include Double Layer disks). For more details please link " HERE "

http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/Zip/BookType.zip

Thanks mate. That solved it. I can now play DVD+R on my Xbox :slight_smile:

for us lazy people you can try either the autobitset hack to the registry by the code bros or the liteontorom.exe from nicw which automatically set +r to rom at boot