Bitsetting on my LITEON

vbimport

Bitsetting ISSUES, please can someone who knows about this help me. So in order to increase my chances of my DVD’s NOT WORKING in a ton of DVD players, I was told that I need to get a DVD writer with Bitsetting. Now, LITE ON says that ALL their drives to bitsetting, however they made me download an application that 'changes" the bitsetting. My problem: I have no clue how to use this and if it even works, and they were not much help on that.

Furthermore the thing I still dont understand is how my movie software isnt 'automatically" detecting it?

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

[QUOTE=nexgraphics;2466963]Bitsetting ISSUES, please can someone who knows about this help me. So in order to increase my chances of my DVD’s NOT WORKING in a ton of DVD players, I was told that I need to get a DVD writer with Bitsetting. Now, LITE ON says that ALL their drives to bitsetting, however they made me download an application that 'changes" the bitsetting. My problem: I have no clue how to use this and if it even works, and they were not much help on that.

Furthermore the thing I still dont understand is how my movie software isnt 'automatically" detecting it?

Any help GREATLY appreciated.[/QUOTE]

It would be good to know what kinda drive you have some older liteon won’t save the booktype settings if you changed it to DVD-ROM settings. The newer one some have them set and some maybe not. Mine is a older one 20A4H that I had to set and save to booktype to DVD-ROM. There is a thread telling about the utilities needed to booktype.

http://club.myce.com/f44/comprehensive-liteon-tools-collection-v5-0-7-revised-8-january-2007-a-83441/

In there is a tool to check whether you drive is set to booktype -ROM or not and if you drive can will save the new settings.