Bitsetting Lite-on EXTERNAL SHW-1635SX USB2.0 Dual Layer 16x

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On SHW-1635S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hey i have a query about Lite-on EXTERNAL SHW-1635SX USB2.0 Dual Layer 16x.
My friend is giving me it in a few days because I am graced with having a Medion computer with a Matshita dvd burner which doesn’t support bitsetting which i am in need of.
My query is this : Does this model support bitsetting, The all knowing all powerful being that is google, has yet to show any results remotely related to whether this model actually allows you to change the book type or not.

The Book Type Utility may be used to bitset +R SL media to DVD-ROM, but it must be reset each time the system is restarted because LiteOn 1693 and older models reset to default +R book type. Alternatively the OmniPatcher from http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/omnipatcher-liteon-sony-optical-drives-v2-6-2-a-97590/ may be used to permanently set default book type to DVD-ROM for 1693 and older model LiteOns only.

The LiteOn SHW-1635S(X) being a [I]newer[/I] model than the 1693, so it remembers the BookType bitsetting once set.

You can download the BookType utility here.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Cheers, : D woot for burning 360 games… shifty eyes