Bitsetting for Older 812S Firmwares

vbimport

We have now produced 812S firmware that supports bit setting for +R media :).

Edit: Bitsetting now works with +R and +RW media.

Below you will find code65536’s tool to patch your favourite firmware. Here is a link to my page where you will find already patched firmware BIN files (UYS1, US05, US0F, US0G).

812S Bitsetting Firmwares (pre-patched firmwares)
812S Bitsetting Support Enabler (auto-patcher)

code65536 and I don’t have an 812S so this is especially for all you 812S users out there. Enjoy. :slight_smile:

812S Bitsetting Support Enabler

What does this do?
This tool will patch 812S firmwares (official LiteOn or OEM rebadage firmwares) to enable bitsetting support. The code for bitsetting was transplanted from the 851S GS0F firmware. This tool is designed only for older firmwares (pre-US0J). US0J and later already have bitsetting support. This tool does not work on non-812S drives.

Pre-patched Versions
You can also download pre-patched versions from us (see the post above) if you would rather not use this patching utility.

<HR>Latest version is 1.3.0 (6 Jun 2004)
Download from: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/patchers.html<HR>

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

No I have not received that email. What’s going on. Thanks. I will try UYS1 now. Are you sure the tool patched version is the same as the manually patched one I sent you.

@code65536

Clarify one thing for me:
You had a DVD+RW that was set to DVD-ROM by UYS1.
When you burnt the same disc with UYS1 “NO bit setting” the disc stayed as DVD-ROM?

Originally posted by C0deKing
[B]
We do not have an 812S so we need somebody who is familiar with flashing and bitsetting and is prepared to try the UYS1 firmware in their 812S so we can be sure it is not a hardware issue, which we don’t think it is because 851 firmware with bitsetting works in an 812.

Please let me know if you can help us by trying the UYS1. Remember this is experimental and there are some risks involved. [/B]

I would gladly help you…if I had a 812S drive. :smiley:

BTW, PM on this board works great. No delays… :cool:

Yep, they produced the same results. Check your PM.

*edit: n/m, just got your e-mail

Have you modified UYS1 to hopefully enable bitsetting? If not then I can assure you it does not work as I have been running it for over a month. UYS1 is however a better firmware than any of the LiteOn releases.

Originally posted by worker
Have you modified UYS1 to hopefully enable bitsetting? If not then I can assure you it does not work as I have been running it for over a month. UYS1 is however a better firmware than any of the LiteOn releases.

Yes we have modified it. A 105 byte patch… :wink:

I would be willing to test…

I would be willing to test…

Thanks worker…hold fire while I do some more tests myself…

@worker…check you PMs…

Just to keep everybody up to date. I now have bitsetting working in a 451S with UYS1 and US05. Unfortunately I cannot go past this point in my 451 as Liteon blocked 451@US0A and later from working with +R/W media.

[I]“Subscribes to thread”

Just keeping an eye on things with the 812S :bow:

And good work by the way, Keep it up guys we all thank you in the end …[/i]

I’m willing to test.

Because this is experimental, the preliminary tests will be a little limited, especially when the only successful tests so far have been on 451S drives and not real 812S drives. Once worker reports back with his results, we’ll do a more general test. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by DMagic1
I’m willing to test.

Thanks DMagic1…as code65536 says, we’ll hold fire on any more testers until we hear back from worker who is “working” :slight_smile: his way though testing UYS1, US05 and US0F.

Looking good for UYS1, USO5, and USOF on DVD+R. Testing a +RW at the moment.

Update: Does not work on +RW, yet…

[B]Looking good for UYS1, USO5, and USOF on DVD+R. Testing a +RW at the moment.

Update: Does not work on +RW, yet… [/B]

So I guess DVD+R did work after all.

What where your steps for DVD+RW bitsetting?

Just got in… Seems its not just me that a DVD+RW does not work… I will try a DVD+R now and post the results…

Originally posted by Hypnosis4U2NV
Just got in… Seems its not just me that a DVD+RW does not work… I will try a DVD+R now and post the results…

Thanks…with US05 in my 451 +RW bitsetting would not work with Nero until I used CloneDVD2 to write a movie. Now it works with Nero fine. I will try another disc and see if that works…