Bitsetting for DVDInfoPro

Marco,

One of your OEM dealers has contacted me and asked me to to put bitsetting for BTC drives into DVDInfoPro. My program already has bitsetting for numerous brands and models already, and recently has even included bitsetting for -R and RW with Nu drives.

Would it be possible for you to email me directly with the vendor unique command set required for me to include this functionality into DVDInfoPro.

thanks in advance.
cheers
NicW
www.dvdinfopro.com
www.dvdrrw.org

If you haven’t already done so, you should send Marco an email with your request. He doesn’t seem to frequent the forums much lately, but does respond to email.

Originally posted by Vette XP
If you haven’t already done so, you should send Marco an email with your request. He doesn’t seem to frequent the forums much lately, but does respond to email.

Thanks, he has replied to me already by email,

cheers
NicW

Great! Looking forward to the bitsetting support for the 1008 in DVDInfoPro.

got the latest 2.37dvd info
only allows bitsetting on +rw!!!
how comes not on +r

Originally posted by bigguy283
got the latest 2.37dvd info
only allows bitsetting on +rw!!!
how comes not on +r

Not correct. V2.37 allows bitsetting on +R., -R, +RW and -RW. Either you dont understand it or your firmware is the wrong version.

The button that says “Change Physical DVD±RW Media” means-RW or +RW and is about changing book types on pre-written discs which cannot be done on R.

The set default button for blank discs is clearly marked DVD±R/RW.

The current firmware only supports setting the lot at once and does not support reading the current settings.

I have requested these changes and they should come in a later firmware and I wil l update the dialog when it does.

cheers
NicW

i think you are mistaken!
when i put in bland dvd+r and try to change to dvd-rom
it tell me this option is not available for this disc, only for dvdrw
it says exactly “cannot alter book type of dvd+r”

Originally posted by bigguy283
i think you are mistaken!
when i put in bland dvd+r and try to change to dvd-rom
it tell me this option is not available for this disc, only for dvdrw
it says exactly “cannot alter book type of dvd+r”

As I said you do not fully understand bitsetting. that error is quite correct, it is NOT possible to alter the bits of a +R disc, they are write once so they cannot be changed. They also cannot be changed on a blank disc prior to writing. ONLY RW can be changed like this.

Settings for R (write once) are done when the disc is written for the first time in Nero or similar. My program makes the settings to the drive, then when a disc is written the book type is set to that value, then that book value becomes permanent.

cheers
NicW

Do I have to change the booktype of a DVD+R every time or will it be a permanent setting? I remember that NU-Tech drives could be set to DVD-ROM by default…

Waiting for your answer NicW! :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW nice program! DVDInfoPro rulez!

CYA V_Banshee
v-banshee@gmx.de

Originally posted by V_Banshee
[B]Do I have to change the booktype of a DVD+R every time or will it be a permanent setting? I remember that NU-Tech drives could be set to DVD-ROM by default…

Waiting for your answer NicW! :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW nice program! DVDInfoPro rulez!

CYA V_Banshee
v-banshee@gmx.de [/B]

At this point in time it does not seem to survive a reboot. the settings are held in ram. I have requested they set them more permanent, but that depends of the life cycle of the flash they have chosen.

cheers
NicW

How many life cycles are there normally? What do you mean with they have chosen?

Thank you for your fast reply!

CYA V_Banshee
v-banshee@gmx.de

Originally posted by V_Banshee
[B]How many life cycles are there normally? What do you mean with they have chosen?

Thank you for your fast reply!

CYA V_Banshee
v-banshee@gmx.de [/B]

Different manufacturers will choose different flash memories, some have plenty of life cycles some dont and can be as low as 100 cycles before it stops working.

cheers
NicW

Hi Nicw
i download your latest version of dvdpro now my btc is able to do bitsetting, but how come my benq dw800a can not , it say drive is not support for bitsetting, while before my benq dw800a is able to do the bitsetting with your program.

thanks

Hello nicw,

i’m not sure that i undertstand that totally, does that mean that if i burn 100 DVD by using your’s or btc’s bitsetting tool and restart between each burn, that the drive will stop working ?

i have the IM1004

Thanks for any anwer

No!

Only if the booktype will be permanently changed! You can do this +/- 100 times! :wink:

so as long as there are only the tools from BTC and DVDInfoPro there is no need to worry :bow: .

Good to know :slight_smile:

Thanks

Originally posted by tritran
[B]Hi Nicw
i download your latest version of dvdpro now my btc is able to do bitsetting, but how come my benq dw800a can not , it say drive is not support for bitsetting, while before my benq dw800a is able to do the bitsetting with your program.

thanks [/B]

Download the latest that issue is fixed, it was accidentally removed.

cheers
NicW

Thanks a tons. work like a charm, bravo