Bitsetting an ISO Image

Hi all

Heres an interesting one for you - we need to take an iso image and change the book type to DVD-ROM in the image before we send the ISO image to an R-Quest NS2100 network publisher- the r quest has built in software so we just give it an iso filename to burn. Unlike using a local drive to to this via imgburn, is there any way to build this into an ISO image? We are Mac / PC based - so can use either planform - help?

The booktype will not be part of the ISO image but it’s a setting for the DVD burner and your burning software (in your case IMGBurn)

Hi Liggy - thanks for that - I was hoping there would be somewhere in the ISO image we could edit the information as we are having older drive compatibility issues - as the r-quest software in built into the network publisher and the only thing we can change is the ISO image before being sent

Old drive compatibility issues are often media related. Other blanks (especially good ones :bigsmile: ) could help. If there is a booktype problem, try DVD-R instead of DVD+R.

Michael

[QUOTE=john131171;2677299]Hi Liggy - thanks for that - I was hoping there would be somewhere in the ISO image we could edit the information as we are having older drive compatibility issues - as the r-quest software in built into the network publisher and the only thing we can change is the ISO image before being sent[/QUOTE]

Have you really read and understood what Liggy posted??? :doh:

[QUOTE=chef;2678691]Have you really read and understood what Liggy posted??? :doh:[/QUOTE]
I think you didn’t quite get what john wrote.

He was hoping that there is a place in the ISO image, however I destroyed his hope :bigsmile:

At least that’s how I read it.