Bitsetting (832s) under Xp: how to do?

Hi,

What do I have to consider to use Liteon’s bitsetting-tool under XP (crossflashed sony u18a -> 832s)?

Aspi 4.6 already installed.

Nero doesn’t provide the bitsetting-switch itself…

With W2K it worked fine but not under XP…

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Afrika

Your question is not clear. Just use the bitsetting tool from Liteon and burn. Then check the disc type with CDSpeed. I have noticed a number of tools that do not correctly report bitsetting with the Liteon drives, but when it is set they still turn out ROMs.

@bitsetting

If I use the tool I may change the booktype from +r to -rom. But the tool itself + e.g. nero tells me that the booktype is still +r (before burning) - I didn’t check it after burning…

Yup, that’s just what I said it would do. Check it after a burn and it should be a ROM, at least mine is. No idea why this is what happens but it does.

the booktype of +R/9 media can only be changed when writing. changing booktype before writing is only possible with +RW media.

You misunderstand. He is reporting that Nero is indicating that a +R disc burned on his Liteon will be written as a +R disc whereas it should be reporting thet it will be written as a ROM disc. This is what all my other drives report when queried. Only the Liteons report it incorrectly.

@bitsetting & nero

That’s the way I did:

1st: inser dvd-blank media and change the booktype (with liteon-tool) from +r to -rom
2nd: open nero and start burning dvd (movie)

You should use the Omnipatcher, to enable autobitsetting either in your firmware or in a downloaded one, then flash it in your drive.

For example:
I’ve downloaded the latest VS0M patched fw (so crossflashing had already enabled) from codeguys.rpc1.org, load it in OP, enable autobitsetting, save it, then run the exe.

@omnipatcher

good idea! I’ll try, too.

Now the dvd+r with -rom booktype work with my Panasonic rv32 :slight_smile:

I used the VSOM for crossflashing firmware.

Fishi, you need to upgrade your version of OmniPatcher, so the DVD read speed settings are enabled with that firmware. :wink:

Thanks for the tip! :wink:

Just for the record, I have to admit, that my drive (Sony reb. 812s) becomes kinda’ unstable with this fw. For example, it takes a long time to Imgburn/Nero to recognize the writer; the drive froze twice in cd-rw erase session. Because this issues, I switched back to the latest original sony fw, but still looking forward to a solution.

Do you have any idea, what cause this and/or is there any cure for this?

Sorry, which fw are you referring too. I was suggesting an OmniPatcher upgrade to v2.4.3 :wink:

Yes, I understood your advice. :slight_smile:

I referred to the firmware I mentioned earlier:

For example:
I’ve downloaded the latest VS0M patched fw (so crossflashing had already enabled) from codeguys.rpc1.org, load it in OP, enable autobitsetting, save it, then run the exe.