Bitrate for WMV (post on Internet)

vbimport

Hi, I’ve got a DVD that was produced in-house. The guys at the office want a version that can stream over the Internet. If I use the XBox 360 conversion option it takes a 25 minutes video and makes an excellent conversion to 320x240 pixel size, but the default bitrate is 1024.

The quality is excellent but the file size is 198 MB, which is too large to stream I think.

Any recommendations for cutting down the bitrate? How low can I go without trial-and-error?

Thx,
-IP

[QUOTE=IrishPrince;1995156]Hi, I’ve got a DVD that was produced in-house. The guys at the office want a version that can stream over the Internet. If I use the XBox 360 conversion option it takes a 25 minutes video and makes an excellent conversion to 320x240 pixel size, but the default bitrate is 1024.

The quality is excellent but the file size is 198 MB, which is too large to stream I think.

Any recommendations for cutting down the bitrate? How low can I go without trial-and-error?

Thx,
-IP[/QUOTE]

I’ve successfully streamed wmv that I’ve rendered for PDA’s at 32x240, 20fps, 250 bitrate.

Don’t forget thought there are a couple of other variable in the equation though.

1. Your connections upload speed. I am currently on a 1500/256 connection and you can really only stream to one client at a time at this speed.

2. The speed of the client’s connection. Again if they have something like a 256/64 connex, the streaming even of the 200 bitrate file will be crap.

Thanks Gregiboy. I’m going to try those settings and I’ll report back.

-IP

I took a ~ 26 minute DVD and ripped it to a 49.2 MB WMV file with the following settings:
Size: 360x240, Video: 200bps, 29fps, Audio: 64bps. The resulting file played very well.

This one feature alone is worth the entire price of the Platinum edition. What an incredible piece of software! :bow:

-IP

Can we take that to mean that you are happy with the result?

10 Guinnesses for Fengtao !!!