Bitlocker problem

vbimport

hey guys i installed windows 7 now i wanted to protect my drives with bitlocker so i started the encryption but my drive was like 420 gb and was almost full so it was taking alot of time so i tried to stop it but it didnt then i restarted my computer and af ter that it continued again but after like 5 minuits my computer would restart everytime i couldnt end the encryption so i reinstalled the window now everything is okie its just that the 420 gb drive had about 150 gb free but now it only has 5.99 gb free why and how can i get it back plz :frowning: tell me anything to do now i cant format it it will ruin everything i have so much data in it

[QUOTE=shahs;2514548]hey guys i installed windows 7 now i wanted to protect my drives with bitlocker so i started the encryption but my drive was like 420 gb and was almost full so it was taking alot of time so i tried to stop it but it didnt then i restarted my computer and af ter that it continued again but after like 5 minuits my computer would restart everytime i couldnt end the encryption so i reinstalled the window now everything is okie its just that the 420 gb drive had about 150 gb free but now it only has 5.99 gb free why and how can i get it back plz :frowning: tell me anything to do now i cant format it it will ruin everything i have so much data in it[/QUOTE]

You might have to contact M$ support to help with this lockout that you got with your HDD. From my experience in trying out bit locker it takes a long time to encrypt the HDD and they do tell you to create a decrypt key on flash or another medium to recover and remove the bitlocked HDD. And if you didn’t do this as instructed your HDD is most likely locked out from your access it. Also know what version of Win7 you have also helps and did you also do a Update cause there was a update from windows dealing with Bitlocker problems. But as I said before if you didn’t create a recovery key for Bitlocker then removing the Bitlocked HDD is going to be a challenge if you can release and remove the protection. You might end up in the end formatting the HDD and loosing all the data on it. That is the worse case scenario that you should when everything else is exhausted.