Bit torrent instructions

vbimport

Im new to bit torrents and just wanted to know how to put them on to a dvd-r. I have them downloaded and can watch them on the computer. thats as far as i get. im looking for someone to hopefully have step-by-step instructions on how to do it. thanks

well… if you could try rephrasing yourself…

as I understand it you have downloaded something via bittorrent, and you want to burn it on to a dvd-r… what kind of file did you download? etc. video, program, consolegame?

all you have to do is burn the files as you would normally do them, like if your thinking you have to burn the torrent to the dvd-r disk, then your waaaay off course…

rephrase :wink:

you need to convert it to a dvd complient mpeg format. if you have nero, it can do it for you. if not, search for “wma to dvd” in this and other forums or on google.

I’m assuming you have a video file. D/l either Gspot or Avicodec (both free) and open the file/s in one of the above programs. Either one will tell you what format the file/s are in. When you find out what the actual format is then you can proceed as stated above. My way

1. Convert to a compliant dvd mpeg 1/2 format with Mainconcept
  2. Author with Tmpgenc dvd Author
  3. Burn with Nero
    You can substitue any of the programs I use in any of the steps
    Note: their is good free programs you can use.

I have one thats a video file and plays in windows media player and another thats a bunch of different files. I have no idea what to do. i downloaded Avicodec and attached a pictue of what it looked like. im still confused. thanks for the help guys. if anyone has aol instant messenger or msn messenger it mkay be easier helping because there wouldnt be a whle lot of waiting time. thanks o and i also have nero but to oput them on dvd-r it wants a video and audio folder.

I downloaded a torrent file. It shows up in my Bit Torrent Downloads folder under My Documents. When I try to drag the video clip file or mpeg file into Nero a pop-up says “no compatible file found.” This prevents me from using any dvd burning software since I can’t drag and drop. I can’t even drag the file onto my desktop. I can use Window Media Player to watch on my computer, but I want to burn onto a dvd to watch elsewhere.

If these are illegal downloads, they shouldn’t be discussed here.

ok it was stated earlier…
first what format is your video/audio/application in…i’m assuming its win or avi…

i usually convert it to VOB using WINavi video converter since thats what my player likes :wink:
then;
i take that file and use DVDShrink click add files and then choose the backup tab and poof …a file on DVD that i can watch on my dvd player

and no nero use for me…

i have downloaded a torrent movie file but i dont no witch file to use winrar on to burn it on dvd? can anyone help new to this

[QUOTE=tigerman8u;961966]I’m assuming you have a video file. D/l either Gspot or Avicodec (both free) and open the file/s in one of the above programs. Either one will tell you what format the file/s are in. When you find out what the actual format is then you can proceed as stated above. My way

1. Convert to a compliant dvd mpeg 1/2 format with Mainconcept
  2. Author with Tmpgenc dvd Author
  3. Burn with Nero
    You can substitue any of the programs I use in any of the steps
    Note: their is good free programs you can use.[/QUOTE]

Hi,
I am also new to bit torrenting, and i would just likw to thank those of you who saw fit to reply with some solid information without feeling the need to sound so superior.
Many thanks. :bow: