Bit of more than i could chew!

Hi guys, this is my pickle

I offered to copy wedding discs for most members of the brides family.
The problem is the person that took the footage didnt finalise the discs!
So i burned an ISO of the footage as i had to give the discs back asap.
I dont know where to go from here.
I tried burning the images on to DVDs using Nero but for some reason didnt like it???
Ideally i would like to burn the iso or extract the video files and burn them onto a disc for me to copy.

If anyone could help, it would be muchly appreciated

See if you can open the ISO with DVD Shrink…Ctrl+I keys to open…If it does, w/o a hitch, there you go, backup/save to VIDEO_TS folder on HDD… Feed that to Nero (if you must) :bigsmile:… Or you can just use Imgburn in write mode to burn your ISO…

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ImgBurn

I have never used this feature in ImgBurn but you could try it .
Mode/Write Then Tools/Drive/Close/Disc.

Yeah, I’ve never needed/used the ‘close disc’ feature, however I don’t think the OP has the original disc(s)…Only an ISO file on HDD…I think!..

Mount the iso, or use isobuster and copy the files to hdd.
Copy files to an empty folder, then either using Nero or imgburn write files to new disc making sure that it is finalised.

You could post a Nero log, maybe that will explain a lot.

I agree. That would provide a world of information that would be useful in figuring this out.

[quote=losonogo1;2234887]Hi guys, this is my pickle

I offered to copy wedding discs for most members of the brides family.
The problem is the person that took the footage didnt finalise the discs!
So i burned an ISO of the footage as i had to give the discs back asap.
I dont know where to go from here.
I tried burning the images on to DVDs using Nero but for some reason didnt like it???
Ideally i would like to burn the iso or extract the video files and burn them onto a disc for me to copy.

If anyone could help, it would be muchly appreciated[/quote]
If you have the ISO image on your HDD then simple open the iso file with DVD Shrink by clicking on the file button located on the menu bar and select “Open Disc Image” once it opens you can have it burned/backed-up using ImgBurn.

If DVD Shrink has trouble opening the image file then maybe when you made an image of the disc it could contain a hidden file/folder that is stopping it, which in that case you can use IsoBuster to extract just the files/folders you wish :wink:

Have a nice day :flower:

I tried tonee1’s suggestion however to no avail, it says ‘Invalid UDF filesystem’

I opened the file in isobuster to see if i could extract the recoverable files this way but fails to do so. The UDF lost and found method finds the recoverable files but dosent save/extract them.

Y does it have to be this tedious?

[quote=losonogo1;2235009]I tried tonee1’s suggestion however to no avail, it says ‘Invalid UDF filesystem’

I opened the file in isobuster to see if i could extract the recoverable files this way but fails to do so. The UDF lost and found method finds the recoverable files but dosent save/extract them.

Y does it have to be this tedious?[/quote]
Well if you [B]“offered to copy wedding discs for most members of the brides family”[/B]
then just tell them that you had or having trouble do it and you need to use the disc again then go from there :bigsmile:

If i borrow the discs again, im going to have the same problem
Thie discs are not finalised so i will have to do the same process again, right?

[quote=losonogo1;2235021]If i borrow the discs again, im going to have the same problem
Thie discs are not finalised so i will have to do the same process again, right?[/quote]
Once you get it back just finalize/close it as suggested by t0nee1 :bigsmile:

course you should talk to them about closing the disc first because they may have left it open for a reason and it is their disc.

They arent able to finalize the disc.
I will try tonee1’s suggestion again and will go from there
Thanks all

What did you use to create the ISO? Most likely it did not do a proper job hence the, “Invalid UDF filesystem”…

Try mounting and extracting with Ultra ISO…However, you’re best bet is to use the original disc, as suggested, and this time use Imgburn or ultraIso, etc to make your ISO…And check it before returning the original disc…
I read this from an old thread, hope it helps…

“Well this is so old you may have already figured it out, but here goes - I just had the same problem, but found it because I had an iso image that would play just fine on the PC, but when burned to a disk wouldn’t play on my DVD player. I got the “invalid UDF filesystem” message when trying to open the image in DVDShrink. So…I opened the image with Ultra ISO and noticed that there was no AUDIO_TS folder, just the VIDEO_TS folder. I added the audio folder, and saved the image with a new name. No more complaints from DVD Shrink, and it now plays on the home dvd player.”

t0nee1;You’re correct he would need the original to close(finalize) with ImgBurn.
I think the suggestion to see if the image has an AUDIO_TS folder is a good one.
I don’t know anything about Ultra ISO so it might work fine.
Here is one thing you could try get VirtualCloneDrive from Slysoft/Elby.(freeware).Mount the image in it & work from there.

Hey cholla, I always forget about VirtualCloneDrive, worth a try…:iagree: