Bios Won't Start

vbimport

The electricity is going to all components, and everything is hooked up, connections are ok, BUT for some reason the bios is not starting, no “startup beep” and there’s no signal going to the monitor.

This has happend a few times before, but rebooting it usually worked. What do I do?

Please provide some computer specs. Make/model, laptop/desktop, how old. Any changes you’ve recently made? Even though you say it’s getting power your power supply could be dying. If you can open it, check all the connections and reseat your add-in cards.

When one of my older boards was doing that I found a bad solder joint for the main ground in my power supply that was killing the 5 volt rail or something similar. I resoldered it and it worked fine for a long time after that.
I also had one just shut off from time to time and found a loose connection in the main power connector so I had to tweak the loose one tighter and so far it has not shut down in a long time but it could be just about anything.
Some boards get bad caps and things going on and do that sort of thing as well.
If you can move things around and it starts working again it might be one of the issues like I had.

Hey,

Already tried reseating the cards and checked all connections.

I’ll check out if there’s anything loose in the power supply.

Thanks, and i’ll keep you posted,

mm

[QUOTE=marcinm;2493864]Hey,

Already tried reseating the cards and checked all connections.

I’ll check out if there’s anything loose in the power supply.

Thanks, and i’ll keep you posted,

mm[/QUOTE]

You know not giving any specs doesn’t help those helping give you any more good help…

Sorry about specs, i really don’t remember much of them. It;s seven years old, had a good run.

Thanks for the help.

If the machine is that old it could have bad caps or something else fried at this point.
I did have one board that had a Celeron 366 in it that did the same thing here years ago and that one I never did figure out what caused it and just upgraded the whole thing and reused all the parts I could.
At the time it died I doubt it was a 2 years old but some makers did have a run of bad caps back in the day.

[QUOTE=marcinm;2494072]Sorry about specs, i really don’t remember much of them. It;s seven years old, had a good run.

Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

Well then if you can’t remember your system specs being 7 yrs old then this is a time for a new year resolution and upgrade your system to dual or quad core system. Being that old might be a good reason the bios is failing or it is the mobo itself that is failing and causing bios failure bootups.

Have you tried replacing the battery ?

[QUOTE=cholla;2494326]Have you tried replacing the battery ?[/QUOTE]

That would be ok if it was a desktop but not for laptop. And since the OP still hasn’t given any specs I doubt they really need help or advice…