BIOS update

vbimport

:sad:I updated my laptop bios(1.20) to 1.24,then after that my battery not charging more than 89%, althouth its been plugged in more than 18 hours,My question is how can I back to my old BIOS?

Your battery doesn’t get better/worse by flashing bios…
//Danne

[QUOTE=Hashemi;2508558]:sad:I updated my laptop bios(1.20) to 1.24,then after that my battery not charging more than 89%, althouth its been plugged in more than 18 hours,My question is how can I back to my old BIOS?[/QUOTE]

Only a brand new battery will charge to 100%. If anything the new bios is giving you a more realistic account for the charge of the battery.

I’m sure it’s for my bios not battery, cause it happend just after I update my bios, and I also test my battery on my friend’s laptop ( Bios Ver 1.20 ) and it was ok,
How can I back to my old BIOS?

What’s the brand and type number? Did you contact the manufacturer and/or check its support website about this problem? Perhaps more people have the same issue?

[QUOTE=Hashemi;2508738]I’m sure it’s for my bios not battery, cause it happend just after I update my bios, and I also test my battery on my friend’s laptop ( Bios Ver 1.20 ) and it was ok,
How can I back to my old BIOS?[/QUOTE]

Another thing to try is to use the laptop on battery alone, then let it run down to the point it wants to shut itself down. Then connect the charger and see if it now charges it to 100%.

What BIOS are you using (eg: Phoenix)?

[QUOTE=Hashemi;2508558]:sad:I updated my laptop bios(1.20) to 1.24,then after that my battery not charging more than 89%, althouth its been plugged in more than 18 hours,My question is how can I back to my old BIOS?[/QUOTE]

As others have mentioned you provided very in little in the way of useful information for us to help you. No make or model doesn’t help to fix the problem. As well as if you haven’t checked they laptop manufacture sites would be the first place you should go to make sure the Bios you get is the verified version. As anything you have to take the time to know your computer hardware inside and out so when it comes time to fix or update you know what to do. This is what I find hard to figure out - people are so adept at using the computer but very thumbs when it comes to learning how to fix or update their computer.

More likely the old BIOS made reporting the battery charging status wrong and that issue were fixed with this new BIOS…

1. Search for platform.ini in the BIOS folder
  2. change from: [Bios_version_check] flag=1 to
  3. [Bios_version_check] flag=0

and u r able to flash an older BIOS, e.g. version 1.17