Bios problems

vbimport

hi there my brother got a pc off e-bay something went wrong with it so i know how to reinstall windows xp but when i go into the Bios its says enter password when i type anything it say incorrect password entred then the message goes off i can then see whats on there but i see in the boot menu its only got hardrive high-lighted it won’t let me change it to boot from cd rom how do i get rid of this password so i may boot from cd rom

P.s i’ve already tried taking out the battery to reset it but nothing happens please can someone help me thanks

If there is a jumper to reset the cmos you can try that, but it may not affect the password setting. Make sure to replace the jumper in the original setting before trying to start the computer.

Contact the person who you bought it from and see if they know the password.

Can you tell us the exact brand and model type of the motherboard? As well as the exact bios firmware version and brand.

Leave the battery out for at least half a day, should do wonders for the bios.

[QUOTE=Bigstan35;2518545][B]hi there my brother got a pc off e-bay something went wrong with it so i know how to reinstall windows xp but when i go into the Bios its says enter password when i type anything it say incorrect password entred then the message goes off i can then see whats on there but i see in the boot menu its only got hardrive high-lighted it won’t let me change it to boot from cd rom how do i get rid of this password so i may boot from cd rom[/B]

[B]P.s i’ve already tried taking out the battery to reset it but nothing happens please can someone help me thanks [/B][/QUOTE]

Have you read the manual from the manufacture to see how to reset the bios if it has a battery backup bios? Otherwise if there is your have to remove the laptop battery and bios battery and unplug the power. Then press the power button to discharge if there any charge left in the laptop to remove any charge that might hold the bios battery lock. Otherwise if you can’t get rid of the locked bios your left with contacting the seller of the laptop to get the password as Kerry says or go to the company or dealer remove the bios password.