BING invading my email

vbimport

I use aol mail and whenever I try to open an email I get the “Bing” search box in the contents of the email. It’s happening with all the emails. I tried doing the “get rid of Bing” suggestions, but this is actually in my emails and nothing is working.

Help please.

If you are using FireFox…look in your extensions for [B]Searchbar.[/B] by Zugo, i think. Get rid of that and you should be all set.

Thanks, I tried this. There is nothing in my extensions folder labeled “searchbar” or zugo.

[QUOTE=Petals121;2544416]I use aol mail and whenever I try to open an email I get the “Bing” search box in the contents of the email. It’s happening with all the emails. I tried doing the “get rid of Bing” suggestions, but this is actually in my emails and nothing is working.

Help please.[/QUOTE]

Could you post a screenshot? No need for personal information of course, so remove that out of the screenshot. :slight_smile:

I had to uninstall it from my firefox add-ons.

Had to go to Firefox tools–>Add-ons–>then either Updates or Extensions tab…I can’t remember…but in one of those it’s listed as “searchbar”. I had to uninstall that and now it’s fine. (I was looking in the actual extensions [I]folder[/I] the first time I tried.)

I could see my mail pop in but then the bing “searchbar” was overlapping the contents of my emails instead of staying in the toolbar. I just got rid of the whole thing.

If I want to use it I’ll just go to bing.com. What a pain.

Thanks for your help.

[QUOTE=Petals121;2544615]I had to uninstall it from my firefox add-ons.

Had to go to Firefox tools–>Add-ons–>then either Updates or Extensions tab…I can’t remember…but in one of those it’s listed as “searchbar”. I had to uninstall that and now it’s fine. (I was looking in the actual extensions [I]folder[/I] the first time I tried.)

I could see my mail pop in but then the bing “searchbar” was overlapping the contents of my emails instead of staying in the toolbar. I just got rid of the whole thing.

If I want to use it I’ll just go to bing.com. What a pain.

Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

Glad you got it sorted! :clap:

Sorry if i wasn’t more clear. :stuck_out_tongue: