Target: [B]ISO file image[/B].
Firmware Tools:
[B]Binflash - Universal firmware flasher for binary firmwares[/B]
http://binflash.cdfreaks.com/
[B]Optiarc Bootcode Flasher +[/B]
http://crazycat69.narod.ru/nec-dvdrw/newboot-x17xA.htm
[B]Extra tools for Optiarc[/B]
http://crazycat69.narod.ru/nec-dvdrw/btflash.htm

Every time I insert the virgin blank disk to burn, ImgBurn says that the disk is not formatted. After formatting the ISO image is burned and when it is being verified an error message is showed. Finally I repeat the process ever with the same symptoms and results.

Yes, I have convert my [B]Plextor PX-800A to Mac OPTIARC AD-7170A v1.NC[/B] with success.
Later I have convert [B]OPTIARC AD-7170A v1.NC to OPTIARC AD-7173A v1.04[/B] with sucess.
Finally, I have convert [B]OPTIARC AD-7173A to OPTIARC AD-7170A v1.05[/B] without succes because I lost the Optiarc drive Identification.

At this point it is when it is impossible for me to change neither the firmware or bootcode and that is why I asked for help.

Luckily I found the solve in [B]Optiarc Bootcode Flasher +[/B] to fix the Optiarc’s drive ID.

At this point Binflash encountered a problem while writing the firmware, reporting that there was an error submitting checksum.

Luckily again, by a message from [B]Liggy[/B] I learn that I have to change the mode of transfer from [B]UDMA to PIO[/B] (http://club.myce.com/f86/binflash-nec-optiarc-firmware-flasher-dumper-105676/index66.html#post2618157).

In Windows XP was very easy to do by changing the transfer mode in [B]Device Manager -> IDE ATA/ ATAPI Controller -> Primary or Secondary IDE Channel[/B].

That is all, the burning problem continue. I gotten to burn the ISO in another drive and when I insert the disc in Plextor is not reconoigced.

Greetings.

[B]The burned Linux’s image is working fine in another drives but ImgBurn v2.5.8.0 Disc Information on Plextor says:[/B]

Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170A 1.05 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD+RW

Disc Information:
State of Last Session: Empty
Erasable: Yes
Formatted: No
Free Sectors: 2.295.104
Free Space: 4.700.372.992 bytes
Free Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)
Next Writable Address: 0
MID: RICOHJPN-W11-01
Supported Read Speeds: 1x; 5x; 8x; 12x
Current Read Speed: 5x - 12x

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: RICOHJPN-W11-01
Book Type: DVD+RW
Part Version: 2
Disc Size: 120 mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196.608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2.491.711
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: RICOHJPN-W11-01
Book Type: DVD+RW
Part Version: 2
Disc Size: 120 mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196.608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2.491.711
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

[B]Could it be a power source problem ?[/B]

Hi,

Is there any support for Optiarc AD-7560S with SX07 firmware?

Unfortunately the AD-7560S is based on a QSI-Design which is not supported by Binflash.

Hi all,

is there any hope for my DDU7740H drive? Flashing an ad-7740H firmare does not work either.

./necflash -dump -s orig.fw /dev/sr0

Binflash - NEC version - © by Liggy and Herrie
Visit http://binflash.cdfreaks.com

Drive is not supported

./necflash -scan

List of supported devices:

Device : /dev/sg1
Vendor : Optiarc
Model : DVD ROM DDU7740H
Firmware : 1RS0

./necflash -dump -s orig.fw /dev/sr0

Drive is not supported

Thanks in advance,
Bernd

Quite unlikely that support for this drive will come. I don’t even know if it’s based on a NEC chipset design. You could try to run necflash -identify /dev/sr0 identify.txt and provide the content of the generated identify.txt file.

Thanks Liggy,

please find the generated file here:

identify.txt (1.4 KB)

Bernd

Just checked the identification file and it looks like in general, support for this drive should be possible. Will see if I can add support while I’m away from work in December. But AD-7740H firmware will definitely not work on your drive as it has a different ID string. Also the AD-7740H is a burner, while your drive can only read.

Can someone help?
I got AD-5280s with 1.01 firmware and try to flash but got this error.

Thx in advance…

Just tried with older version of Binflash 1.60 and got this error.

My is ad-5280s (ob) maybe that is problem that it isnt cb ?

@Liggy

Are you already in a deserved retirement?

We were able to find firmware 1.01 for the Plextor PX-820SA

Needed yet for your collection?

@Maky001 - Sorry for the late reply.

In the first picture the drive does not accept the checksum of the firmware for some reason, cannot say why that is the case if the firmware file is OK. Had some old cases where the controller refused to forward certain commands to the drive, but these should be very rare these days.

On the second screenshot like the error message says, the firmware you are trying to flash doesn’t match your drive. While your drive identifies as AD-5280S, it needs a special firmware that is not compatible with regular firmwares, nothing I could do about this one.

@czary2mary - Unfortunately I am not in retirement, otherwise I would probably find more time to participate here. Not sure if I would be able to find time to do anything with this firmware, but feel free to send it to me. Did I already give you my email address? Or if that’s easier for you, you could as well use a sharehoster.

Dear Liggy,

just for your collection :slight_smile:

— Start of identification —
Version: 1.63
Normal : Optiarc - BD RW BD-5750L - 1.50
Boot : Optiarc - BD RW BD-5750L - 0003
|************************************************|
4237354541303030302E3141
— End of identification —

Same behaviour about blinking LED here.

Thanks for the identification output, but unfortunately like all the other Optiarc BD drives, firmware cannot be dumped from this drive. :frowning:

Yes, I didn’t dream of anything else. Luckily the drive seems to be a decent burner on original FW, and burns DVD+R as DVD-ROM by default, if I ever find material to burn will check bitsetting on DVD+R DL.

If it bitsets DVD+R as DVD-ROM, it should do the same also for DVD+R DL - or at least it should allow changing the setting as that was possible with almost any of their burners

Binflash is now available on Github including the source code. Some of my other (partly internal) tools may be added as well in the future, however this probably requires a bit of cleanup like it already did for Binflash.

Thanks.

I’m using an AD-7200S. Do you know if 1.09 is the best firmware? How can I get newer write strategies for it?

Latest one for the AD-7200S should be 1.0B