Binflash - NEC/Optiarc firmware flasher and dumper

vbimport

Thanks, but I haven’t located any FL02 file, just people saying they have a Liteon iHAS120 X with FL02 firmware, so I know it exists. One in this site.

Is it possible to get/download a previous version of binflash, like perhaps 1.61 0r 1.62?

I am asking because when using 1.63 with the ad-7543A and its latest fw 1.i1 the drive is not identified, vendor and version is BLANK with 1.63 binflash and then after the flash, the drive is 7543B(!) and not recognized in BIOS anymore (just a cdROM.

I’d like to fix that. Either by using perhaps a different binflash version or fixing the string in the flash file.

Thanks in advance for any help.

[QUOTE=michael the mage;2690980]Is it possible to get/download a previous version of binflash, like perhaps 1.61 0r 1.62?[/QUOTE]
There’s no download of older versions available, but I could create these versions again from my version control system. However this would not fix your problem I guess.

I am asking because when using 1.63 with the ad-7543A and its latest fw 1.i1 the drive is not identified, vendor and version is BLANK with 1.63 binflash and then after the flash, the drive is 7543B(!) and not recognized in BIOS anymore (just a cdROM.

Either something went really wrong when you updated your firmware or your IDE connection is not OK for some reason. Binflash does not care about the string that your drive reports back. There’s another location inside the drive where I retrieve a certain signature for each drive and this code hasn’t changed for quite a while now.

I’d like to fix that. Either by using perhaps a different binflash version or fixing the string in the flash file.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You should not try to manually change strings inside the firmware unless you know exactly what you’re doing!

Thanks for your reply. I was actually hoping YOU would help me. It must be in Your fw. When I load the 1i1 fw for the ad-7543a drive with binflash it shows ID, Version all EMPTY!

So I figure its the firmware header or something like that. Not the drive! If I load the fw 1.00 of it, then all is displayed before flashing.

Could you look into this perhaps? Thanks in advance! :cool:

Okay, here is a picture…

I just checked the firmware and it’s an issue specific to this firmware. Flashing should work fine, Binflash is just unable to detect and display the version information.

I think I have a fix for this, but need to test it when I get home today. However it’s just a cosmetic issue - nothing severe

I would really be grateful if you could find a fix for that. Especially since the BIOS won’t see it as it is but as a CD ROM and also, it is shown in the OS as AD7543 B (!) not A anymore, after the flash.

Of course its perhaps rather cosmetic as it still burns disks, but if there would be a way for you to find the time to fix that, again, I would really appreciate it.

So thanks in advance… :wink:

By the way, almost the same applies to the fw 263_bt_rpc1 for the AD-5540A drive. Even though the fw is identified by binflash correctly and still afterwards 5540A(!) the BIOS sees it as just a CDROM. Weird.

Did your BIOS detect your optical drives as anything OTHER than CD-ROMs before…? I mean, even if it does, it has no bearing on the functionality.

Yes, I think we have established that. They were identifid correctly!

[QUOTE=michael the mage;2691554]I would really be grateful if you could find a fix for that. Especially since the BIOS won’t see it as it is but as a CD ROM and also, it is shown in the OS as AD7543 B (!) not A anymore, after the flash.

Of course its perhaps rather cosmetic as it still burns disks, but if there would be a way for you to find the time to fix that, again, I would really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
The only thing I would fix is what is the version shown by Binflash. I had a quick look at the firmware and noticed that it has entries for 7543A and 7543B, but I couldn’t see when it chooses which name.

By the way, almost the same applies to the fw 263_bt_rpc1 for the AD-5540A drive. Even though the fw is identified by binflash correctly and still afterwards 5540A(!) the BIOS sees it as just a CDROM. Weird.

This seems to be related to the firmware it’s based on. Probably nothing I could fix.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2691604]The only thing I would fix is what is the version shown by Binflash. I had a quick look at the firmware and noticed that it has entries for 7543A and 7543B, but I couldn’t see when it chooses which name.

QUOTE]

Please let me know when you had the time for it and fixed the version shown in binflash. I guess that would help the drive to be shown in the BIOS correctly later on too.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=michael the mage;2691634]Please let me know when you had the time for it and fixed the version shown in binflash. I guess that would help the drive to be shown in the BIOS correctly later on too.[/QUOTE]
No, this would only change what is displayed in Binflash - no actual difference in flashing. I could also mean that your drive is not supposed to run this firmware for whatever reason.

Okay, I understand. Would you be so kind, if you have the time, to upload a previous version of binflash (wingui32) to try for me and also if you find the time to upload that latest fw with the version info, etc. corrected?

I’d appreciate that very much. At least I can try to see if that will change anything. It is too weird. I am flashing all my drives with fws from you and this was never the case before.

Again, thanks in advance. :cool:

Well, I guess not, after all. Too bad!

[QUOTE=michael the mage;2692351]Well, I guess not, after all. Too bad![/QUOTE]

Liggy is a bit busy dealing with quite a few projects. Patience, patience, and maybe you’ll get a favorable reply. :wink:

Hi. Can anyone, please help me with the drivers for my Optiarc AD-7717H DVD RW?? I have some problems with it. I`m using Win 7 Professional, 64 bits, on a Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 if it matters…
I can see the unit in the Device manager, but with a yellow exclamation point.
Tks

This often indicates a problem with upper and lower filters. Please check this article from Microsoft.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2694029]This often indicates a problem with upper and lower filters. Please check this article from Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

I’ve allready tried that, but still, the problem persist. I don’t want to reinstal my windows just for this stupid driver that is mallfunctioning. By the way; the error code is “Code 19”

[QUOTE=florin2685;2694039]I’ve allready tried that, but still, the problem persist. I don’t want to reinstal my windows just for this stupid driver that is mallfunctioning. By the way; the error code is “Code 19”[/QUOTE]
Did you check that there are no entries left in registry at [B]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}[/B] for [B]UpperFilters[/B] and [B]LowerFilters[/B]?

[QUOTE=Liggy;2694052]Did you check that there are no entries left in registry at [B]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}[/B] for [B]UpperFilters[/B] and [B]LowerFilters[/B]?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late answare. Ive just verified what youve told me, and you were wright… There was the UpperFilter registry in the location specified by you. After deleteing the UpperFilter and restarting the laptop the dvd made his apearence in My Computer!!!

Thank you, Liggy!!! You are a God of Matrix :slight_smile: