Binflash - NEC/Optiarc firmware flasher and dumper

vbimport

Was anybody luck here reverting ad7530b nx09 back to nx02 or at least nx06 ?

MSI never sent the firmware to fix that problem

And i am using an external dvdrw with my note, to be able to burn and read cds, dvds…

tks

So now that MCSE supports BC-5640H drives, any hope of getting a RPC1 firmware ?
I am desperatly looking for a SATA BD reader, RPC1 and slot loading. But among the few I found (Sony Optiarc BC-5640H, BC-5600S, BC-5650H, Mashita UJ-835A), none can presently be made DVD-RPC1 and BD region-free :sad:.

Since all Optiarc Blu-Ray drives are using encrypted firmwares and the encryption mechanism is unknown - at least to me - it’s very unlikely to have DVD or BD region free firmwares. At least for DVD it should be possible to reset the region code with Binflash, but I’d recommend to not use that functionality too often as it may wear out the flash chip.

Hello just got myself a couple of AD7280s.
Any progress with those and binflash?
I can dump firmware but flash errors out as the previous poster said.
Both of mine came with firmware 1.01
Thanks

Sorry, but I think flashing AD-7280S will not be possible until we’re able to trace what the official flasher does. :frowning:
I might have a second look at the firmware flashing routines again in December, but I don’t expect to find a solution this way.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2610874]Sorry, but I think flashing AD-7280S will not be possible until we’re able to trace what the official flasher does. :frowning:
I might have a second look at the firmware flashing routines again in December, but I don’t expect to find a solution this way.[/QUOTE]

Ok mate, thanks.
Its weird that the drives come with a new 1.01 firmware though an official 1.01 flasher does not exist

I spent a couple of hours analysing the AD-7280S bootcode since yesterday.

I think I figured out which command sequence can be used to flash AD-7280S (also 5280 or 7283) drives - the procedure is very different to previous drives. Is anyone willing to test this?

Please note the following:

[ul]
[li]It is quite likely that flashing will fail for one reason or another and it’s also likely that your drive will just be blinking at that point - even after resetting[/li][li]There is also a chance that I will not find ways to recover the drive at this point myself[/li][li]If Optiarc release official firmware it might be possible to then recover the drive - but that’s not guaranteed (no official firmware so far)[/li][li]Your drive may end up as a doorstop[/li][li]If the drive stops working, this is no case for warranty![/li][/ul]

[QUOTE=Liggy;2612654]I spent a couple of hours analysing the AD-7280S bootcode since yesterday. I think I figured out which command sequence can be used to flash AD-7280S (also 5280 or 7283) drives - the procedure is very different to previous drives. Is anyone willing to test this?[/QUOTE]
I want to test.

Thanks for being the guinea pig.

If I had such a drive, I would give it a try myself as that would make it easier to recover the drive in case things go wrong. Will send you the download link for the test version of Binflash via PM.

Binflash has been updated to version 1.58. This update mainly includes support for AD-5960H and AD-7960H drives and finally offers proper support for flashing AD-7280S drives that was broken in 1.57
Users on the command line will now also see drives that may potentially work but are not properly implemented yet.

Thanks a lot to NewFish for his help to get the flash support for AD-7280S drives implemented. :smiley:

The AD-7280S bitsetting patch probably still contain bugs and will perhaps not properly booktype discs.

Nice mate thanks.
I flashed both of my 7280s with the autobitesetting firmware.
The only problem that remains is that when I click the bitsetting button in winflash the program freezes.
But I am sure that you are aware of that and that you have plans to fix it in a next version.
Thanks again for your time and efforts

If you already downloaded the 7280S firmware before I announced the updated Binflash version, then please try downloading again. Newfish already told me during our tests, that it was broken and I finally found out that I had to modify my patch a little, because I need to add it to a different memory location but did not consider this in my patching tool.

Not sure if Bitsetting will work after my latest modifications, but at least it should not result in freezes anymore

[QUOTE=Liggy;2613071]Not sure if Bitsetting will work after my latest modifications, but at least it should not result in freezes anymore[/QUOTE]
It works. I tried 1.01bt_orig. Many thanks.

Thanks for testing and for confirming that it works

Works now, thank you for your time and efforts mate.
Cheers

So I have d/l binflash 1.58 and firmware for AD5680H. I d/led both win and mac version and am trying to run win version from virtual environment (Parallels). Connected drive, but wingui reports no supported devices found.

I want to make sure I dump current firmware BEFORE flashing it, and it is easier for me in Win environment (just a recent Mac convert - not very comfy with terminal yet).

Any suggestions?

Can’t find any info about AD-7710H. Is there a way to make it region-free? necflash -identify output is as follows:

— Start of identification —
Version: 1.57
Normal : Optiarc - DVD RW AD-7710H - 1.01
Boot : Optiarc - DVD RW AD-7710H - 0001
|Sony Optiarc Inc. AD-7710H |
4737314147373141302E3033XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX00FF0000
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000046XXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
— End of identification —

Thanks!

[QUOTE=DK10001;2613244]So I have d/l binflash 1.58 and firmware for AD5680H. I d/led both win and mac version and am trying to run win version from virtual environment (Parallels). Connected drive, but wingui reports no supported devices found.[/QUOTE]
It could be that Parallels will block certain commands from Binflash to the drive. In that case your only chance will probably be using Bootcamp.

[QUOTE=mau;2613256]Can’t find any info about AD-7710H. Is there a way to make it region-free? necflash -identify output is as follows:[/QUOTE]
I will add this drive to the next Binflash version

QUOTE=Liggy;2613296
I will add this drive to the next Binflash version[/QUOTE]

Thank you Liggy… should I post somewhere the firmware when I’ll have the tools to dump it?

Mau

Providing the firmware would be great. I’ll try to provide an updated Binflash later today.