Bin/cue verifyer

vbimport

Hi!

Is there a program that can check bin files integrity?

Not that I know of (how would that program operate?) but if you make a SFV (or write down the CRC by hand :)), then you can use that to make sure the data is 100% correct.

hkSFV is a cool program for this.

Does not Blindwrite have an option to verify/check the bin/cue ? I belive I have seen it…

could you tell how blindwrite could do it? [because by looking at it - it doesn’t looks like it can do it…]

You can check integrity of bin/cue files by using either Binchunker, now an integral part of Fireburner, or CDmage.

I tried Fireburner & CDmage…
they both told me that the files has errros… every file that I gave them to check - they told me it’s has errors… [low errors,medium errors…] what is the deal here?

Errors mean errors then, the files are corrupt.

1. but why there are errors levels?
  2. it’s not logic that every file has an error…

Originally posted by Black Diamond
Errors mean errors then, the files are corrupt.

Not always. If they are images of safedisc, laserlock or ring protech protected cds, there’ll be shed loads of errors in any image even without any image corruption. :wink:

In my experience, using Goldenhawk’s CDRWin, there is no way that it will create a bin/cue combination of a protected cd.
It just cannot do it, therefore any errors reported when verifying a bin/cue simply mean it is corrupt.

thats what I mean…
so how can we check for a ‘true’ error? :confused:

Mount the image on a virtual drive (daemon tools will do) and if it runs without emulation the image is good.

In my experience, using Goldenhawk’s CDRWin, there is no way that it will create a bin/cue combination of a protected cd.

You need to improve your experience :

CDRWIN work well with safedisc 1 and 2 protected cd (with 2 sheep burner) .

Sometimes the cue file referes to a wrong directory. So use Notepad to verify. You also can use Alcohol and use de virtualcd.