Bills seek punishment for use, display of fake weaponsl

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080503/ap_on_re_us/fake_gun_control

OMG:
Deberry said he wants to prevent incidents like one last year in which a 12-year-old boy was killed in West Memphis, Ark. DeAunta Farrow was shot by a police officer who said he thought the boy was carrying a gun and that the youngster refused to obey orders to halt. Investigators later said DeAunta had a toy gun.

“It’s important that a child cannot walk into one of these little convenience stores, plop down a dollar and walk out with something that can get him shot on the spot without question,” Deberry said.

What is the USA coming to :confused: don’t let your kid run out of the house with a toy gun…jeez

[quote=Bob;2050527]“It’s important that a child cannot walk into one of these little convenience stores, plop down a dollar and walk out with something that can get him shot on the spot without question,” Deberry said.

What is the USA coming to :confused: don’t let your kid run out of the house with a toy gun…jeez[/quote]
shrugs
Teaches them about real life …
In the rest of the world, we believe you shouldn’t be able to walk into a convenience store, plop down $100 and walk out with something that can get him, and more importantly anyone else, shot on the spot without question.

So I’m not touching this one with a 60ft pole :stuck_out_tongue:

Well we ran around as kids shooting off rounds with .22 cal blank revolvers (starter revolvers). Never got shot at by police…

Went i was just out there were 2 kids carrying what looked like automatic weapons at first glance. I think they were actually squirt guns though but looked fairly real to me.

[quote=Bob;2050824]Well we ran around as kids shooting off rounds with .22 cal blank revolvers (starter revolvers). Never got shot at by police…

Went i was just out there were 2 kids carrying what looked like automatic weapons at first glance. I think they were actually squirt guns though but looked fairly real to me.[/quote]
Me too, and Me Either, but I wasn’t dumb enough to point them at the police and pull the trigger.
It’s natural selection at work …

After dark we would hide out and wait for a car to come by. When a car would come down the street one of us would run across the street in front of the car and then we would come out of hiding and start shooting at the one running in front of the car and that person would fall down like he was dead or hurt from our blank guns :bigsmile:

The cars would go by really slow but never even stop to render aid :disagree:

I was at a Gun Show this weekend and they had those cheap little automatics that jamb on the second or third shot and they were Neon purple, red, pink, blue and other colors. They looked like toy guns. Those things ought to be against the law to make!

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2051277]I was at a Gun Show this weekend and they had those cheap little automatics that jamb on the second or third shot and they were Neon purple, red, pink, blue and other colors. They looked like toy guns. Those things ought to be against the law to make![/QUOTE]I thought there was a law against that? Well in the USA that is.

So that throws another twist in this now.

Twist and shout! Well anyway this what happens in a CCW state :smiley:

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/18703584.html

We have had several incidents here in the UK where people have been killed whilst threatening others or the police with toy or replica firearms.

There have been also a number of high profile cases where engineers and gunsmiths have taken replicas and turned them into working firearms before selling them to criminals.