Big spike on Ldw811 CD-R writing

dear all

all my K-Probe scanning on CD-R (burned by Ldw811 & other writer) have a single big spike (both C1 & C2) around the 40min area.
a re-scan on that particular area always show 0 C1 & C2 error.

Scanning DVD do not have this problem.

Anyone have the same issue ?
wondering is this a software or hardware issue

i am using K-probe 1.28.

thanks

It’s a known reading ‘bug’ on these drives when scanning a CD at max speed. Most people (including me) get it.
You can ignore it as is an anomaly.
If you try scanning at slower speeds you will see it won’t show up anymore.

I have the same deal on 1 of my disks…

I’ve been told KProbe aint that gr8 for CDR scans…

my disk works fine

Originally posted by goofydave
I’ve been told KProbe aint that gr8 for CDR scans…

actually on ltr52246, ltr48246, ltr40125 it works great. my two 48161h it reads real low amount of errors in comparison and on my 411s and my 811s it will spike the same as yours. in fact on the 411 and 811 the overall error level is much much higher than my 52246 and 48246 both of which read it much lower and seem to be more realistic

sorry… i forgot to mention my comment was DVDRW related

I also had ltr52246, ltr48246, and ltr40125, scans were all fine… nothing like the spikes in the scans seen…

Originally posted by Ssseth
It’s a known reading ‘bug’ on these drives when scanning a CD at max speed.
If you try scanning at slower speeds you will see it won’t show up anymore.

I get it at max (40x) and also at 8x, which is fairly slow already; slower speeds not tested.

In the past, I did not get it (8x). I don’t know what changed though; not the firmware. 411S,FS0F. Which speeds do not produce the error for you, SSseth?

Agree with Ssseth - anyways your scan is good, just use good media and don’t worry about the rest.

As a safety precaution when I started with my 811 I proceeded to binary comparing the first few CDRs and DVDRs I burnt… So far no problems with CD-Rs, and no problems with DVDs, despite the very high reported error rate for DVDs.