Big problems with Plextools

Hi guys,

today I installed plextools 2.02 on my system (p3 733mhz, winxp) and the program hangs at the splash screen or if, it doesn’t hangs it can’t read any cd neither with my Plextor premium nor with my 8/20 scsi. Only my hitachi dvd can read a cd in the “cdcopy” mode. I tried to uninstall all my burning software (except Nero) but nothing has changed. I wanted to try Feurio but the 1.66 version (trial) doesn’t support my Premium.

I saw there is a very similar post, I read it carefully but it didn’t help me.

Any other suggestion?

Could I install Via 4 in 1 drivers to see if it helps?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, go for the PlexTools v.2.08 and see if that solves your problem?/gs.

Hi Gene, unfortunately plextools 2.08 doesn’t solve my problems:(

Hi,I think we have to beg you for more details ´bout your system.Os,ASPI,etc,etc and I´m sure there will be someone skilled person here that will be able to help you. :bigsmile:/gs.

I have a p3 733mhz, O.s Winxp pro, no aspi drive, plextor premium as secondary slave, hitachi dvdrom as secondary master and Plextor 8/20 scsi on a Adaptec 2940… Plextools always worked fine with windows millenium, but now for some reasons that I can’t understand it gives me some problems, I tried it on the notebook and it works perfectly, but on my desktop only the hitachi dvdrom works well my two Plextors don’t read the cd… no problems with other softwares (Nero, clonecd and so on).

If you need more details, write me without problems.

Thanks to all.

Originally posted by maximino72

If you need more details, write me without problems.

Yes, I’d like to know some details on your bank account, please. :wink:

Okay, joking aside,

1. Check your system for [COLOR=blue]Problem Devices

2. Clean the registry using RegCleaner

3. Reboot the PC and here you might repeat the RegCleaner procedure again, i.e. :

“Goto: Tools > Registry Cleanup > Do Them All
Select and remove all the obsolete files appeared there ( Select > All > Remove Selected )”

1. Install ForceASPI ( taken from my sig )

2. Install [/COLOR] PlexTools Pro 2.02.exe

Hi Boskin,

I followed your suggestion but unfortunately nothing changed with Plextools Professional… but I tried to install an old version (1.05) and everything is perfect… Plextools starts in three seconds while Plextools professional freezes at the splash screen… the only problem is that with 1.05 I can’t choose the read speed and my Plextor rips only at full speed. At this point I can’t understand what’s the problem with Plextools Professional.

I can’t understand what’s the problem with Plextools Professional.
The prob is not with the PT Pro but with your system, that’s all I can say.

For sure Boskin, but as usual it’s a very strange problem…

it’s a very strange problem…
Download PXInfo , run it and send the result to Plextor.

A question: does your Plextools start automatically at system boot?
If yes, try to disable it and run it manually after the system had properly booted…
I experienced some problems with plextools some time ago… in particular, program hanged during initial splash screen… and so I preferred to start it only when I actually need it…
Give it a try, good luck

ET

For sure Boskin, but as usual it’s a very strange problem…

Originally posted by eltranquil

A question: does your Plextools start automatically at system boot?
If yes, try to disable it and run it manually after the system had properly booted…

That’s the way I have it - it’s disabled @startup and I run it manually when needed. :wink:

funnier and funnier, my two Plextor drives with Plextools read without problems data cd, cdextra, and SOME audio cd, it seems that they don’t like some kind of music… Amazing.

With Nero absolutely no problems:)

Plextor suggest me to install winxp sp1 and to connect the Premium as secondary master instead of slave and my dvdrom as primary slave

:confused:

Hi,

I have problems with plextools/plextools pro too. Are you running an anti-virus program? We use f-secure at work and it doesn’t play well with plextools (multiple crashes at startup).

Check what you’ve got running at startup and remove anything uneccessary (or just live without plextools - we do!)

Cheers,

Andy