Big Problem

I am having a big problem now, 2 months ago I bought an External DVD Burner, which was an LG, it gave me Nero and the Cyberlink DVD Solutions programs, when I got in the computer today. the device was not in the computer, the only thing I saw in the Device section was my old internal dvd player I used to use and the 3 1/2 Floppy Drive, everything went missing, my External DVD Burner is not there anymore, but it still works fine, the light is still on, everything, but when I put a cd or dvd in there, it reads it but it doesn’t show in the computer, I don’t know what is going on, I took out the USB Cable and Put It Back to see if that work, it didn’t, I restarted the computer, and I disconnected the plug, everything, and it is still not there, I don’t know what’s going on and I uninstalled all the programs it came with to see if that works, but it won’t read a cd, the hardware is not there, I don’t know what happened, I need help

Why do you double-post??

El double posts because El is Anxious…El is Troubled, El has not had these Experiences…
Be kind, it’s 2006 now, not 1806…

El, make sure your ribbon cables are pluged in n not loose…(when PC is switched OFF).
Then check your Bios at start up (Delete Button) keep pressing it until U b in Bios.Look to see if your Burners n Rom Drives are there…If all ok,Go toWindows Page n Right click “My Comp” n goto Properties, then Uninstall your Drivers for IDE then restart PC. There are others here who are more Experienced than me n might pop in to tell you more…Good Luck.

The forum rules are read & accepted by anyone who is registered here.
I didn’t make the rules, BTW.

While I appreciate your intentions chef, it’s a staff job to point out to a member when they have done something wrong. Please just use the report post function and then leave it up to the staff to take the appropriate action. Thanks. :slight_smile:

ElBoricua433, please read our forum rules, as crossposting is not allowed. :cop:

Understood, maestro. :wink: