BIG problem with DVDFab 8.0.0.2

vbimport

I just downloaded and installed 8.0.0.2 on my 64-bit Windows Ultimate machine. There’s a serious bug in it.

After installing and rebooting (required by DVDFab) I tried to open the program. The machine shut down and went into a reboot loop. At the very beginning of the boot it would shut down and try to boot again - over and over.

After disconnecting all power, I finally got it into Safe Mode and removed 8.0.0.2, The machine acts normally now.

I noticed it says in the info file:
New: Added support for nVidia GeForce 400 series (Fermi) graphics cards.

• Note: You may need update to the latest graphics card driver.

My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430. I have the latest driver installed.

All the improvements are sincerely appreciated, even with the occasional bug. I hope Fengtao is able to fix this problem soon.

joro

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2539944]I just downloaded and installed 8.0.0.2 on my 64-bit Windows Ultimate machine. There’s a serious bug in it.

After installing and rebooting (required by DVDFab) I tried to open the program. The machine shut down and went into a reboot loop. At the very beginning of the boot it would shut down and try to boot again - over and over.

After disconnecting all power, I finally got it into Safe Mode and removed 8.0.0.2, The machine acts normally now.

I noticed it says in the info file:
New: Added support for nVidia GeForce 400 series (Fermi) graphics cards.

• Note: You may need update to the latest graphics card driver.

[SIZE=2]My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430. I have the latest driver installed.[/SIZE]

All the improvements are sincerely appreciated, even with the occasional bug. I hope Fengtao is able to fix this problem soon.

[SIZE=3]joro[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Hi joro

The support for that perticular graphics card was added in the last beta or two ago, [B]please re-download a new installer [/B]and try installing again, sometimes files/installers have been known to get corrupt during download

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2539960]Hi joro

The support for that particular graphics card was added in the last beta or two ago, [B]please re-download a new installer [/B]and try installing again, sometimes files/installers have been known to get corrupt during download[/QUOTE]

Thanks SJ.

My last upgrade was 7090. Hadn’t got any betas since then.

I downloaded another copy from the link in the ‘8002 is out’ announcement on this forum, but still had the same problem.

Then I went to the[U] new DVDFab site[/U] and downloaded DVDFabNonCSS8002_avangate_689.exe from there. This one works fine.

I wonder what the difference is and why the first was wasn’t compatible.

joro

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2540016]Thanks SJ.

My last upgrade was 7090. Hadn’t got any betas since then.

I downloaded another copy from the link in the ‘8002 is out’ announcement on this forum, but still had the same problem.

Then I went to the[U] new DVDFab site[/U] and downloaded DVDFabNonCSS8002_avangate_689.exe from there. This one works fine.

I wonder what the difference is and why the first was wasn’t compatible.

joro[/QUOTE]

Hi joro

You do know that the NON-CSS version you downloaded and installed from their .net website will not allow you to create any backup copies, also the link that is posted here is a direct download link from DVDFab.com

If you are still having the problem I suggest you re-install the CSS version over the non-css version and if you still having trouble then uninstall DVDFab using the DVDFab uninstaller and run a registry cleaner like CCleaner wich is freeware and try re-installing DVDFab :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2540017]Hi joro

You do know that the NON-CSS version you downloaded and installed from their .net website will not allow you to create any backup copies, also the link that is posted here is a direct download link from DVDFab.com

If you are still having the problem I suggest you re-install the CSS version over the non-css version and if you still having trouble then uninstall DVDFab using the DVDFab uninstaller and run a registry cleaner like CCleaner wich is freeware and try re-installing DVDFab :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks again, SJ,

Whoops. I forgot about the backup limitation on the nonCSS version. But then, I’m lucky when I can remember what I came in the room for. :confused:

I took your advice and installed this forum-direct download over the nonCSS version. It went in smoothly.

But in looking at the files in the DVDFab8 folder, I see that the date stamp on DVDFab.exe and Fabcore.exe is the same as yesterday’s nonCSS version (although the subfolders have the newer date). The question is: what does installing the version from this forum over the nonCSS one change?

BTW, I regularly use CCleaner, but when I uninstall any program, I use Revo Uninstaller, an excellent freebie that searches the registry for all related items and lets you remove any you select.

joro

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2540157]The question is: what does installing the version from this forum over the nonCSS one change?
[/QUOTE]

It removes CSS (Content Scramble System) encryption which is present on nearly all commercial DVDs.

As SJ says you wont be able to backup your commercial DVDs without this.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2540157]Thanks again, SJ,

Whoops. I forgot about the backup limitation on the nonCSS version. But then, I’m lucky when I can remember what I came in the room for. :confused:

I took your advice and installed this forum-direct download over the nonCSS version. It went in smoothly.

But in looking at the files in the DVDFab8 folder, I see that the date stamp on DVDFab.exe and Fabcore.exe is the same as yesterday’s nonCSS version (although the subfolders have the newer date). The question is: what does installing the version from this forum over the nonCSS one change?

BTW, I regularly use CCleaner, but when I uninstall any program, I use Revo Uninstaller, an excellent freebie that searches the registry for all related items and lets you remove any you select.

joro[/QUOTE]

I’m glad the install went smoothly over the non-css version, I take it that all is working for you now :cool:

I’ve never tried Revo myself I’m one of those who likes doing it manually as you can tell by the “Clean uninstall of DVDFab” guide in my signature below :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Wombler;2540160]It removes CSS (Content Scramble System) encryption which is present on nearly all commercial DVDs.

As SJ says you wont be able to backup your commercial DVDs without this.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks, Wombler.

I’m making an assumption here: If under Common Settings, ->Protection, ->DVD, [I]Remove CSS[/I] is checked, the installation over the non-CSS version succeeded. (I didn’t look at this when the non-CSS version was installed)

joro

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2540169]Thanks, Wombler.

I’m making an assumption here: If under [B]Common Settings, ->Protection, ->DVD, [I]Remove CSS[/I] is checked,[/B] the installation over the non-CSS version succeeded. (I didn’t look at this when the non-CSS version was installed)

joro[/QUOTE]

The non-css version does not have that setting option :wink:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2540161]I’m glad the install went smoothly over the non-css version, I take it that all is working for you now :cool:

I’ve never tried Revo myself I’m one of those who likes doing it manually as you can tell by the “Clean uninstall of DVDFab” guide in my signature below :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I won’t know if all is working until later today when I apply it to a couple of new movies, but I’ll let you know after I’ve done that.

I’ve used your “Clean Uninstall Guide” and found it clear and effective. Thanks for providing that excellent tool. For everything else, the Revo Uninstall program is highly useful and does clean the registry leftovers well.

joro

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2540169]Thanks, Wombler.

I’m making an assumption here: If under Common Settings, ->Protection, ->DVD, [I]Remove CSS[/I] is checked, the installation over the non-CSS version succeeded. (I didn’t look at this when the non-CSS version was installed)

joro[/QUOTE]

I’ve never had the non-CSS version installed so I don’t know what that shows but yes, that’s the way it’s shown in the CSS version.

[B]Edit:[/B] I see SJ beat me to it. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2540173]I’ve never had the non-CSS version installed so I don’t know what that shows but yes, that’s the way it’s shown in the CSS version.

Edit: [B]I see SJ beat me to it.[/B] :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Beat you only because I live here :bigsmile:

joelrosado is correct about V. 8:

I installed it yesterday, and my system crashed on me three times, didn’t know what to attribute it to so I let it slide, well about an hour and a half ago it stated crashing again,and it would do it when it launched to the desk top:sad:, so I went into safe mode uninstalled, cleaned the registry, and it’s humming along like it’s old self again:bigsmile:
but I have to think there is a problem here with version 8 :sad:

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2540199]joelrosado is correct about V. 8:

I installed it yesterday, and my system crashed on me three times, didn’t know what to attribute it to so I let it slide, well about an hour and a half ago it stated crashing again,and it would do it when it launched to the desk top:sad:, so I went into safe mode uninstalled, cleaned the registry, and it’s humming along like it’s old self again:bigsmile:
but I have to think there is a problem here with version 8 :sad:[/QUOTE]

Hi touchdown

Boy can’t remember the last time you had a problem with DVDFab :frowning:
there does seem to be an issue with the install of v8 for some members/users :confused:

I as many others have not experienced this issue, just seems to be with very few who has, it’s good you resolved it whith the uninstall/re-install :clap:

I still do a “Clean uninstall/re-install” with every official release, but not with the beta releases :bigsmile: the word “Beta” says it all when it comes to the reason [B]why not the beta[/B] :smiley:

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2540199]joelrosado is correct about V. 8:

but I have to think there is a problem here with version 8 :sad:[/QUOTE]

Dilemma: sad to see others have the same kind of problem - glad I’m not the only one.

If you you haven’t got it installed yet, you might try what I stumbled on (from StormJumper’s suggestion): downloaded the non-CSS version and then install the regular 8002 on top of it.
Don’t know why it worked for me - but it might be a poosible fix until the problem is resolved.

joro

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2540207]Dilemma: sad to see others have the same kind of problem - glad I’m not the only one.

If you you haven’t got it installed yet, you might try what I stumbled on (from StormJumper’s suggestion): downloaded the non-CSS version and then install the regular 8002 on top of it.
Don’t know why it worked for me - but it might be a poosible fix until the problem is resolved.

joro[/QUOTE]

Yup the fix for you was ashot in the dark thats for sure :bigsmile:

The key comment from touchdown’s post is…“it’s humming along like it’s old self again” :wink:

[B]SJ[/B] :cool:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2540209]Yup the fix for you was ashot in the dark thats for sure :bigsmile:

The key comment from touchdown’s post is…“it’s humming along like it’s old self again” :wink:

[B]SJ[/B] :cool:[/QUOTE]

Didn’t know if Touchdown meant the machine was fine after removing v.8 or whether he meant he got 8 in and it’s all humming now. Wish mine would hum - it just makes rude noises. :wink:

I said I’d let you know of the your ‘shot in the dark’ fix of installing the full 8 over the non-CSS was working OK. [B]It is.[/B]
Did two movies and it seems to be faster than 7. 'Course that’s impossible to really tell unless I did the same movie with both 7 and 8, but I barely wandered away and it was done.

Anyway, it seems for some of us, 8 has a bug. Be interesting to see if it happens to many others.

As always, your suggestions, help and great comments are very much appreciated.

joro

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2540214]Didn’t know if Touchdown meant the machine was fine after removing v.8 or whether he meant he got 8 in and it’s all humming now. Wish mine would hum - it just makes rude noises. :wink:

I said I’d let you know of the your ‘shot in the dark’ fix of installing the full 8 over the non-CSS was working OK. [B]It is.[/B]
Did two movies and it seems to be faster than 7. 'Course that’s impossible to really tell unless I did the same movie with both 7 and 8, but I barely wandered away and it was done.

Anyway, it seems for some of us, 8 has a bug. Be interesting to see if it happens to many others.

As always, your suggestions, help and great comments are very much appreciated.

joro[/QUOTE]

The most install issue I’ve seen is with users who are running XP, which I posted a note and link to v8003 beta from Fengtao for those members in the v8002 release thread :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2540205]Hi touchdown

Boy can’t remember the last time you had a problem with DVDFab :frowning:
there does seem to be an issue with the install of v8 for some members/users :confused:

I as many others have not experienced this issue, just seems to be with very few who has, it’s good you resolved it whith the uninstall/re-install :clap:

I still do a “Clean uninstall/re-install” with every official release, but not with the beta releases :bigsmile: the word “Beta” says it all when it comes to the reason [B]why not the beta[/B] :D[/QUOTE]

Boy ain’t that the truth SJ, I’m thinking of trying joelrosado idea of installing the non-css, then installing the css enabled version on top of that, won’t do it though until later leaving town for a bit (cops are hot on my tail:bigsmile:)

@joelrosado, I was talking about the hum after I uninstalled.

another thing I noticed was the cpu was running at a very high level after the first install, mid fifty’s to mid eighties it was weird :eek:

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2540283]Boy ain’t that the truth SJ, I’m thinking of trying joelrosado idea of installing the non-css, then installing the css enabled version on top of that, won’t do it though until later leaving town for a bit (cops are hot on my tail:bigsmile:)

@joelrosado, I was talking about the hum after I uninstalled.

another thing I noticed was the cpu was running at a very high level after the first install, mid fifty’s to mid eighties it was weird :eek:[/QUOTE]

Thought your problem was fixed, please try v8003 beta see post #14
here-> http://club.myce.com/f116/dvdfab-8-0-0-2-out-august-23-2010-a-315098/