Big problem burning DVD's PLZ HELP!

vbimport

ok so i’ve been browsing the forum trying to find a solution, and the problem im having sounds very similar to alot of people, but none of the suggestions ive tried work. every time i burn a DVD, the player either says disc is unreadable or i get this message: disc error, please eject, playback feature may not be available.

My specs are:
Burner - Optiarc DVD RW AD-7561A

Software - ExpressBurn v 4.08, DivXtoDVD

Media - Fujifilm DVD-R 16x, and Verbatim DVD-R 8x

The Disc’s work fine when they are in my laptop, but wont play on anything else. I’ve tried 3 different DVD players(sylvania, panasonic, magnavox) playstation 2, and xbox 360.

ive tried burning in NTSC, and PAL. I’ve tried burning at 16x, 2x, and 4x. im pretty sure im doing everything right, but i have no clue why nothing is working. thanks ahead!

What type of files are you burning?
Please give the exact full name of the files.

they are just basic AVI files.

1 - Tempestuous Temperments.avi; 2 - Redeye Reprisal.avi; 3 - Hellhounds For Hire Part 1.avi; 4 - Hellhounds For Hire Part 2.avi; 5 - Artistic Anarchy.avi; 6 - Stranger Searching.avi

also, im not sure if it matters, but ive only tried burning with express burn, i’ve only re-encoded with DivxtoDVD

Is your player [B]Divx certified[/B]?

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2107976]Is your player [B]Divx certified[/B]?[/QUOTE]

im not sure, im guessing not, because im not quite sure what that means. but how can i find out?

Your player must be Divx certified to play Divx or Xvid avi files. If not then you’ll have to convert them to DVD format.

i did convert them to DVD format, the files on the disc look like this:

Video_TS folder:

Video_TS.BUP
Video_TS
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0
VTS_01_1
VTS_02_0.BUP
VTS_02_0
VTS_02_1
VTS_03_0.BUP
VTS_03_0
VTS_03_1
VTS_04_0.BUP
VTS_04_0
VTS_04_1
VTS_05_0.BUP
VTS_05_0
VTS_05_1
VTS_06_0.BUP
VTS_06_0
VTS_06_1

Try opening them with DVD Dhrink.
If Shrink complains, process the full disc with FixVTS and try Shrink again.
Try burning with ImgBurn.

ok im currently trying this, ill post results when finished, and thx.

I found the problem… The porblem was express burn. for some reason no players could read what express burn was writing. It is an awful program anyway. ImgBurn worked great. thanks alot Dialysis!

Happy burning!