Big difference between the LTR-48246 and the LTR-48125?

vbimport

What are the greatest differences between the LTR-48246 and the LTR-48125 ?
And when is it going to hit the market, beacause i really need a new writer, (I am stil using my trusty old Plextor 4220 SCSI :stuck_out_tongue: )

I already know the new drive does 24x rewriting but i am not interested in that.

Difference: new chipset and higher rewrite speed, beside that I don’t think there is any noticeable differences…

Arrive? Probably July/August.

I read something about the new LTR 48246 using Full-CAV is this the same type of writing that is used by the by the LTR 48125 ?

48125 also use full-CAV recording method.

:bow: TNX for the info OC-FREAK :bow: , then I think the LTR 48125 is going to be the one that I’ll buy.

BTW Why do you now so much about Lite-On drives anyway, do you work there ore something :smiley: ?

No, but I waste all my spare time on playing around with Lite-On drives and searching for new information conserning Lite-On drives.

HI,
updating from a 4x Writer (Plextor 4220 SCSI) to an 48x makes sense, more than 30 secs differnence :wink:
Gräfdig

BTW:
I recomend buying a 40x Writer and then flash to the 48x writer, becouse this is cheaper.

I recomend buying a 40x Writer and then flash to the 48x writer, becouse this is cheaper.

Buying the 32125W is an even cheaper option, since it can and has been upgraded to the 48x burner