Big big big problem with my LiteON CD/RW 32123s-XS0X

hello doods…
i have a big big problem with my freakin CD writer ;(
i have installed win2k on my box… and now i CANT
burn faster than 8x with my 32x CD writer…
on WinXP all worx fine… but on 2K not :frowning:
i need for 1 CD 10min on 32x speed… :frowning:
i dont know what i can do… i dont have upgrade
my CD writer… or something… all modes are on DMA…
plz help me doods u are my last hope :slight_smile:
greetz

I don’t have much knowledge about this, but I guess you should get yourself some other APSI drivers. I know Windows XP don’t need them but I think Windows 2000 Pro do. So try to get some new ones.

thnx… but i have the latest aspi drivers… :frowning: and it dont works :frowning:

Then I don’t have any more good sugestions to give, sorry.

Have you got DMA enabled it has to be enabled if you want to write at high speeds. I bet it isnt enabled thats why its so slow.

i have enable the DMA settings von Win2k in the control panel…
its on
typ: N/A
Transfer Mode: DMA…when possible (not the best translation im german :wink:
currently: PIO-Modus

on my bios:

P/S Master/Slave PIO : AUTO
P/S Master/Slave UDMA : AUTO
Slow Down UDMA2: Disable

Originally posted by bobble
[B]i have enable the DMA settings von Win2k in the control panel…
its on
typ: N/A
Transfer Mode: DMA…when possible (not the best translation im german :wink:
currently: PIO-Modus

on my bios:

P/S Master/Slave PIO : AUTO
P/S Master/Slave UDMA : AUTO
Slow Down UDMA2: Disable [/B]

You are running in PIO mode. Which is the slow one. Set you bios to
4,4,dis

Also try changing where your burner is on the IDE chain. Try moving it to the second chain. If you have a cdrom or dvd, try putting the DVD on the first cahin with HD, and see if thats an issue. If cdrom, try disconnecting entirely, for awhile.

so i should set PIO mode on BIOS:

Primary MASTER PIO : AUTO
Primary SLAVE PIO : AUTO
Secondary MASTER PIO : AUTO
Secondary SLAVE PIO : AUTO

to

Primary MASTER PIO : ´MODE4
Primary SLAVE PIO : MODE4
Secondary MASTER PIO : MODE4
Secondary SLAVE PIO : MODE4

coz i cant disable it…only change on MODE 0…MODE 1…MODE 2…MODE 3…MODE 4…

so should i also disable :
SLOW DOWN UDMA2 : ENABLE / DISABLE

Set
pio mode to 4
UDMA to 2/auto

Some motherboards will allow you to turn on UDMA, some say auto.

Slow down UDMA2 (not sure) Try with off first. then try with on.

If win2k still doesn’t work with UDMA or at least Multi-word DMA2, and Slow down doesn’t do a thing, then you can try this.

In the system Device manager, set Computer to standard PC instead of ACPI.

This will give you complete control over your system, but with the setback that you will have to turn it off when you shut down.

Be prepared with ALL of your system device drivers, because ACPI usually loses them all when you turn it off.

ACPI is used by windows to automatically detect the correct drivers for new/existing devices. When it is disabled, you need to know in advance which drivers are correct.

You need to install IDE/Network/motherboard/Video/Sound/Modem/raid/scsi/tv card/etc drivers again. Make sure they are decompressed.

Once that is done, then windows XP will always use the settings and drivers that you have told it to.

Some motherboards require that you install the Chipset and ATA Storage in drivers Windows 2000 while it might not be needed in Windows XP in order run with DMA enabled. Depending on your motherboard and chipset you might want to investigate further.

Half of what you say is completly incorrect…

Originally posted by debro
[B]Set
pio mode to 4
UDMA to 2/auto

Some motherboards will allow you to turn on UDMA, some say auto.

Slow down UDMA2 (not sure) Try with off first. then try with on.

If win2k still doesn’t work with UDMA or at least Multi-word DMA2, and Slow down doesn’t do a thing, then you can try this.

In the system Device manager, set Computer to standard PC instead of ACPI.

This will give you complete control over your system, but with the setback that you will have to turn it off when you shut down.

Wrong! You can still have it shutdown normally, just enable APM.

Be prepared with ALL of your system device drivers, because ACPI usually loses them all when you turn it off.

ACPI is used by windows to automatically detect the correct drivers for new/existing devices. When it is disabled, you need to know in advance which drivers are correct.

Again wrong. ACPI is used for IRQ sharing. The only thing that happens when you disable it is that the system will use the IRQ settings from the BIOS

You need to install IDE/Network/motherboard/Video/Sound/Modem/raid/scsi/tv card/etc drivers again. Make sure they are decompressed.

Once that is done, then windows XP will always use the settings and drivers that you have told it to. [/B]

Originally posted by Jaco2k2
Half of what you say is completly incorrect…

You are correct when you say that ACPI only controls the irq assignment, but when ACPI is installed, windows will not allow you to easily reassign irqs, dma addresses and pretty much rendering you no control of your system configuration.