BH12LS35 Firmware

Hi, I am ripping my entire CD, DVD, BD collection, and I am testing a few drives to see which one is the fastest overall, so that I can rip my collection as quickly as possible.

I have the following drives:
LG BH12LS35 (1.00)
LG UH10LS20 (1.00)
Plextor PX-B940SA (1.08)
Sony BD-5300S (1.04)
Lite-On iHBS212 (5L09)
Pioneer BDR-206 (1.05)

I have tested them all, but now I want to remove riplock and test them again.

The only drive I am able to riplock patch is the UH10LS20.
I used the official firmware and modified it using MCSE.

For the BH12LS35, I cannot find any firmware, the LG download site does not list the 1.00 firmware for download.

For the other drives I cannot find riplock free firmware, cannot find tools that support these drives, or I do not know how to remove riplock.

If anybody can help point me to riplock free versions of the firmware, or instructions for these drives, that would be great.

P.

[QUOTE=ptr727;2584507]
For the BH12LS35, I cannot find any firmware, the LG download site does not list the 1.00 firmware for download.[/QUOTE]

Dump the firmware from your drive, try to patch the main part with MCSE and then flash it back. You can do that using DevilsClaw’s Flasher: http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46137&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Since you are at it, let us have a copy as well.

For the other drives I cannot find riplock free firmware, cannot find tools that support these drives, or I do not know how to remove riplock.

For reference:

Plextor PX-B940SA = BDR-205 rebadge,
Sony BD-5300S = iHBS112 rebadge,

but unfortunately there are no patches available at all for any of your non LG drives. Its possible that some of these drives might not even have a riplock though …

The current version MCSE does not support with BH12LS35. You need to wait the newer version release.

Thank you all for info.

Here is the firmware I extracted using flasher:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2182768/BH12LS35_Firmware_1.00.zip

Just dump the .bin of my sony 5300s and MCSE does not support. Which mean it will not support Lite-On ihbs112 or any clones of it. Not yet anyway.

[QUOTE=jjd99d;2585923]Just dump the .bin of my sony 5300s and MCSE does not support. Which mean it will not support Lite-On ihbs112 or any clones of it. Not yet anyway.[/QUOTE]

The MCSE has already supported all version firmwares of iHBS 112 & 212. You can request ala42 to add support with other Liteon clone Drives, just like Sony 5300S/500S, Plextor PX-LB950SA and Asus BW-12B1LT/ST.

Where do you get ihbs112 are supported? I see it listed as read only.

Yes, MSCE does support to read the media table and not to change the write strategy.

Here is my summary of the different drives I tested:

@ptr727 posted a 31% increase in Blu-Ray rip speed on a BH12LS35 by using non-riplocked firmware at his blog http://blog.insanegenius.com/2011/04/archiving-my-cd-dvd-and-bd-collection.html. When I tried MCSE to edit the 1.00 firmware, the Increase Read Speed checkbox is greyed out.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the non-riplocked firmware for the BH12LS35?

I am also interested in the non-riplocked version of the BH12LS35 firmware.

Any help will be appreciated. :iagree:

I would LOVE a copy as well. Could somebody PM it so I can share it?

Ripping my CD collection is next to impossible with this Riplocked drive.

I have BH12LS35 too, how do I rip lock it? Thanks for the help.

same here - please PM if someone has an U.R.L. version.

[QUOTE=petergeier;2607060]same here - please PM if someone has an U.R.L. version.[/QUOTE]

You can find a link in the firmware announcement thread: